“Dave”
Review of New China Express

New China Express
Ranked #60 of 120 Restaurants in Kearney
Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

My favorite hot and sour soup in town. Noon buffet is very reasonably priced. Variety is good. There is no wait service but a good place to come and be left alone. I try to overlook the appearance of the restaurant because I like the food and the privacy. Close to campus.

Reviewed August 19, 2016

Trust me, I'm a Chinese, not a college student, I do lots of cooking at home, and I know when it's good Chinese food. Lo mein is delicious! I have to admit, the generic fried rice that served with dishes is very generic. Next time I might order shrimp fried rice to see if it will taste better.

I can't remember which prawn dish we ordered, the prawns are juicy and fresh, very good job!

For those who do not read Chinese but love spicy dishes, wear your big boy pants and order T2 SiChuan style boiled spicy beef, it's spicy and saucy, very authentic. Eat at your own risk -- it will make your forehead sweat and your nose run!

For those who like a little bit of spice, order T5 spicy chicken. Chicken is well seasoned,lightly breaded and deep fat fried. Then stir fry with dried red chili, SiChuan peppercorn and other spices. It is SUPER DELICIOUS!!!! My husband said he wants to order 20 pounds of T5 to enjoy with beer on Saturday college football games (he's a Caucasian who loves spicy food, by the way).

Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

As a college student, when I was studying in the library or at baristas, I have walked over to new China express and eaten more times than I can count. Good food in large amounts and for a decent price. They get the job done so well! Will always keep going back.

Reviewed February 8, 2016 via mobile

I will admit that this isn't the best Chinese food I've ever had, but it is certainly the best in the city so far. Takeout is filling, cheap, and not super bland (though it is on the saltier end.)

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Having said that the food is good, but not exceptional to the point of being a go to place or having a craving for it. I had the mongolian beef and it was ok, kinda heavy on the green onions and very light on the beef. The sauce was not nearly as good as the sauce on the mongolian beef at Imperial Palace Express.

1  Thank kycgeek

Been to New China Express? Share your experiences!