“Not sure why it's so high??”

Sozo American Cuisine
Ranked #5 of 110 Restaurants in Kearney
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Avenue and I-80
“Not sure why it's so high??”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Ate here for Father's Day & ordered blackened tuna. Tuna had absolutely no seasoning on it. Hummus appetizer was quite good, but for the price I probably won't return here.

Glendale, California
“OK for Hotel Restaurant”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

By many accounts this may be the best or almost the best non chain restaurant in Kearney. That says a bit more about Kearney, perhaps, than the restaurant. Service was a bit slow (understaffed), food was OK but a little pricey.

• Visited July 2013
Waltham, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good upscale restaurant”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

A nice place to bring important clients. Food and drink were very good. The filet was wonderful and everyone else in my party also enjoyed their meals. Don't be fooled that it is in a Holiday Inn.

Visited June 2013
Broken Bow, Nebraska
“Juan of the reasons I loved this place!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Atmosphere great, food great, service great. Our server was Juan and he was knowledgable on the menu and a great server.

We will be back.

1 Thank Cody S
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Steak so good that even slightly overcooked, I couldn't stop eating it long enough to send back”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

In Kearney on business and looking for a "nice" local, non-chain restaurant for dinner; this looked like the best bet from reviews of the various restaurants in town and I wasn't disappointed!

Was tempted by a unique-sounding Avocado Hummus appetizer and tried it - recommended if you like hummus in general - this one was a notch above "regular". Just enough avocado to make the texture extra creamy, and the fried pita chips that come with it are a treat in themselves. Almost like a dessert, slightly sweet - yum!

Dinner came with choice of salad or soup and I had the curry & coconut rice soup - very tasty - mildly spicy and a bit sweet.

Good variety of choices on the menu but I knew that being in Nebraska I wanted steak; sides I ordered were the "spring vegetable" which was asparagus, and the green beans. Both were lightly sauteed and somewhat heavily peppered. There were a few steak cuts to choose from, all locally sourced according to the server. I chose the 8 oz filet. Absolutely delicious! Very tender, excellent flavor. I asked for medium-rare but it was medium to medium-well. Normally I would have sent it back, but I honestly couldn't put down the fork! I did point it out to the server and she was all too willing to take it back for another, but the flavor was so good I didn't want to stop eating.

Decent selection of wine, typically priced for a full-service restaurant.

Didn't have room for dessert.

My server, Laura, was new (3rd day) and made only a few missteps. She knew the menu well and was very personable and appropriately attentive. Main problem with service was that I felt a little rushed; but that happens frequently when I'm dining alone. (Servers should take their cues from the lone diner on whether they want to linger or get going, but that's a separate topic!)

Will definitely eat here again if I'm in Kearney.