“Disappointed”

Add it.
Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #65 of 113 Restaurants in Kearney
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: This restaurant has only been open for two weeks but I am ready to write a review after dining in this establishment.
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Very Very disappointing.
Pulled pork, hmm about 50% fat, flavor was poor.
Bean tasted like they were fresh out of a can.
Sweet tea... they for got to add sugar..lol
Service.. nothing bad, but nothing special. all that I remember of staff was the one young lady that was caughing all over when I tried to pay our bill.

Cost for our lunch. 2 people $23.00

over priced and poor in quality!! we are going to have to pass on this one in the future!

4  Thank m b

Reviewed June 17, 2012

If you've never tried Dickey's before but are craving some good BBQ, you need to eat here! The menu is pretty simple, about 7 different types of meat to order with tasty sides like mac n' cheese, spicy beans, coleslaw, pretty much anything you might expect at a weekend cookout or picnic.

What makes Dickey's unique is that good BBQ is hard to find unless you buy it and make it yourself or go to a few of the other restaurants in the area that offer BBQ but at a much higher cost.

The restaurant was spotless but it had only been open a few weeks when we went there, but we felt the service and quality of the food meets the standards at the four other Dickey's barbecue pits we had eaten at while traveling during our past vacations. If you have ever eaten at a Dickey's restaurant before then you know what to expect, this Dickey's is the same as the rest.

This restaurant also features all you can eat soft-serve vanilla ice cream which is a nice way to end the meal.

The food is hot, tasty, consistent with any other Dickey's that I have eaten at and I love the three different types of BBQ sauces that the restaurant has to offer. There is the regular, the sweet, and the spicy and the spicy has a constant heat that I love.

There are a few things that I wish Dickey's corporate would do for the Dickey's customer, and this in no way has any influence over whether or not I will eat at this restaurant because I will, as it is one of my favorites in Kearney. I do wish, however, that this restaurant was set up like the one we ate at in, I believe, Wylie, Texas. You get to serve your own side dishes on a plate which is handed to you with your choice of meat already on it. I feel that the sides are just too small at the other Dickey's restaurants that I have eaten at other than Wylie and while the food is completely satisfying, the portions are not the biggest around.

O.K., so you are going to say that I can always order more but after dropping nearly $10 on a plate, drink not included, it gets expensive quick, especially if you are buying for another person. Honestly, the whole sides thing is pretty typical of a few BBQ chain restaurants that I have eaten at in Nebraska. Here is what I want for my money, a few heaping scoops of those sides to get full. Fine, I'll get off my soapbox here but the price does approach some of the steak buffets around and I'm just looking for the best value for the money like many other customers out there.

Dickey's Barbecue Pit in Kearney does a great job and has become one of my favorites while dining in Kearney.