“Wanted to sample their beer” 3 of 5 bubbles

Thunderhead Brewing Company
Ranked #4 of 108 Restaurants in Kearney
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Description: Woodstone oven pizzas, calzones, salads served with wonderful craft brews.
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Wanted to sample their beer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Thunderhead was on my "stop at" list while visiting Kearney. I saw that they are a micro-brewery and wanted to do some sampling. I can say that the Leatherhead Red, IPA and Rye Stout are good beers. My wife enjoyed the Peach Wheat. All had good taste and the right amount of bite. The Dark Wheat did nothing for either of us. Although a very smooth beer, it was also a very bland beer. Just did not seem to have much taste. My wife said the same of the Irish Ale. We each had a calzone for lunch. Pretty much middle of the road fare. We did go back the next day.
I stayed with the Red. Both times, our waitresses were very pleasant and attentive. The bar itself is clean and bright. Seems to have a good size local following.

• Visited October 2013

Overland Park, Kansas
“Beer good, food ok.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have eaten at the Thunderhead in Grand Island. This was my first time at the Kearney site. First of all, you do come here for the beer. Beer is great. Food is appetizers, pizza, calzones. I could have remembered burgers at the Grand Island site, but I could be mistaken. My co-worker and I opted for the chicken wings ($11) and side salad. (3.99). I had to admit being pleasantly surprised that the salad was more green mix, not ice burg lettuce. The wings we tried the BBQ version, which I would say is so-so. I had better wings else where. So a mixed review from me.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Carol D
Des Moines, Iowa
“Beer review only”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have not had the food here as what is the point when they have such incredible beer. This is a favorite place to stop at least 3 nights a week. Shane is an awesome and knowledgeable bar tender. Megan is great too. The beer is very good and priced just right. Logo Mondays are 1/2 off pints which can be a dangerous thing as most of the beer is strong and tasty. The IPA is perfect and they also have Stones on tap, so you cant go wrong there as well. If you like beer you will love Thunderhead.

• Visited September 2013
Littleton, Colorado, United States
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hubby and I tried a sample of beers and the wings. The wings were so so. They tasted like they were cooked in a Microwave. The beer was alright, but we both have had better. We likely would not visit again if we ever make it back to the area.

Visited August 2013
Trout Dale, Virginia
“Super brew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Tried a flight of all ten beers on tap. All were excellent, from the light and fruity peach ale to their Scottish ale. The jalapeno ale was an excellent choice to complement a Chicken Spinach Alfredo pizza with fresh basil. We were just passing through for the afternoon, but would definitely come back if we're ever in Kearney again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Thunderhead Brewing Company? Share your experiences!