“Make sure you have a lot of patience and a lot of time to enjoy this tasty fare.”

Thunderhead Brewing Company
Ranked #3 of 109 Restaurants in Kearney
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Description: Woodstone oven pizzas, calzones, salads served with wonderful craft brews.
Lee's Summit, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

The food and beer here... Phenomenal, but just make sure you have time to wait. The server is sweet, and very well versed about the beer, but there was only one for the whole restaurant. The place was packed, and the owners could hire a second server? The shrimpo pizza - unique and delectable. The IPA and the honey wheat- top notch. The pretzel appetizer- yowza... Good stuff! The salad- fresh and flavorful. Seriously, thunderhead- don't ruin a good thing by being short with labor costs!!! We will come back, but they have so much to improve upon in the delivery of a great product!!!

Kearney, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, not so great service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been to Thunderhead a handful of times since we moved to Kearney. We would go more often if we weren't so put off by the service. The only reason we continue to go at all is the atmosphere and the food. The food is fantastic. The service is usually pretty awful. Sometimes, you will wait for over an hour for your food, only to realize that the waitress never put the order in at all. You will wait for your check. You will wait for drinks. You will have to close out your tab because the waitress's shift is over. This is the standard experience. However, if you aren't in a hurry and aren't easily annoyed, you might want to give it a shot. It's yummy.

• Visited October 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
“Good, but room for improvement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great beer - tried the Jalepeno and the Dark Wheat. Pretty good calzone - a little salty and not quite warm enough for me. Service - I have to say there was a mix-up on who was serving me, but I waited quite a while to order my food. The waitress wouldn't even make eye contact with me. Finally, the bartender took my order. He was very attentive, and pleasant. I don't live in Kearney, so I plan to stop by on my way back home to purchase a growler of one of the beers. That's how good the beer is!

• Visited November 2012
“WOW! What a delicious surprise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Can't say anymore than that! Amazing food AND amazing, friendly service! Wish we didn't live so far away. This would be a regular for us!

Ellettsville, Indiana, United States
“It was OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

We just ate at Thunderhead tonight. We got the Vegetarian pizza. We also tried 2 of their beers. One was suggested because she said the ladies like it a lot. It tasted like kool-aid to both of us and we didn't like it. The other was a peach beer, which was very good, I would definitely recommend the peach beer. You could actually taste the peachiness in it and a little effervescence. The pizza was just OK to us. It was good, but I think I prefer Godfathers pizza. It was a bit limp and I thought it would have more flavor. Service was OK.

• Visited September 2012