“Good food, nice atmosphere.”

The Egg and I Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 109 Restaurants in Kearney
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kearney, Nebraska, United States
“Good food, nice atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Only open through lunch...a little pricey for what you get so I gave it 4 stars. Nice variety of breakfast items.

Visited October 2012

Fort Collins, Colorado
“The Egg and I ROCKS! Yummmm! Best breakfast/lunch spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We LOVE The Egg and I. We eat at the one in Fort Collins, CO on a regular basis. We stumbled across this one on our travels about a year ago and were so excited that they have one in Kearney. It's about 7 hours from our house and on the way to my parent's house in SD. We recently drove through and were so bummed out to be turned away as we walked through their door, as they were just closing! Know that they're only open until 2:00 p.m. We had been dreaming about that food for 7 hours and made the mistake of eating at the Japanese place next door - don't do that - not good! The Egg and I always has consistent food. One of my favorite items on their menu is the spinach bacon mushroom omelette - it is DELICIOUS! I usually get this to eat. However, sometimes I alternate it with the M.B.A. Frittata like I did on this trip. They're both wonderful and come with potatoes and toast or English muffin. My husband always gets the Vera Cruz Chicken and Avocado Omelette which he also loves.

• Visited December 2012
Ft COllins, Co
“Favorite!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Highly recommend the Huevos Ranchero and the Colorado Jack Scrammble!! Great food!! It's a must try! Wish we had one closer!

Visited January 2013
Freedom, Indiana
“Best Breakfast in Kearney”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Egg and I rocks breakfast! Really is the best breakfast in Kearney, they make it so easy to become a repeat offender. Very reasonably priced

Visited June 2012
Alliance, Nebraska, USA
“Eggs anyone?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

When we arrived at restaurant, I was not feeling real perky. Waiter was very nice and he made our experience there very nice. He offered good information about selections that we were making, and he was courteous. Food was excellent, and I was feeling much better when we left.

Visited October 2012