“As always, excellent !!”

Whiskey Creek Wood Fire Grill
Ranked #8 of 113 Restaurants in Kearney
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A small, family-owned group of restaurants, hand-crafting food since 1995. We feature wood-fire grilled steaks cooked over full sized logs of oak and ash, award-winning BBQ slow-smoked on premise, homemade desserts and much more.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I am a very frequent " regular " customer at Whiskey Creek @ Kearney, Nebraska.

The food is always great - steaks are always done exactly the way that I like them prepared - rare to medium rare. The selections on the menu offer a wide variety of meal choices from which to chose. This is a steakhouse - the specialties are steaks.

The price range is very competitive & is well within the reasonable price range for the quality & quantity of the food that is served with the meal.

The service & waitstaff are very responsive as is the management staff. All requests are handled promptly & professionally.

Highly recommend.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

This was my second attempt at Whiskey Creek Kearney and all I have to say is why?
When Robert S describes his dinning experience I had flashbacks of 10 years ago. I thought to myself it has to of improved or they would have gone out of business, but NO.
Sunday 12/23 after having driven 763 miles and being beat tired, I intended to eat at the Thai place just off of campus but they were closed (school was out and it was Sunday). So I reverted to plan B Whiskey Creek which was right next to the fantastic value oriented Roadway Inn.
I found an empty seat at the end of the bar closest to the hostess stand and after five minutes I was greeted by the bartender then my drink promptly followed.
It went down hill from there.
Brittney the bartender was over loaded but was very pleasant and got my dinner order in quickly.
It bugged me that the manager just was standing at the end of the bar gossiping with the all female wait staff while she was in the weeds.
My caesar salad arrived first, good dressing, crisp lettuce and passable croutons, not great but very passable.
I had ordered 1/2 rack of the house ribs that comes with two sides so I chose sweet potato fries for my second (the caesar was the first side). When my dinner arrived I was slightly distracted by the free peanuts (which I had to ask for) and let the entree sit for a few minutes while I looked over the house selection of six BBQ sauces. I like hot so I went with the habanero sweet and hot and it was quite good with a nice balance of hot to sweet. The only problem was the squeeze bottle it was served in, the opening was too small for the semi chunky sauce to pass through (after decorating myself and the bar with sauce) I decided to use my dinner fork to auger out the opening, then I thought what if this was not the first time this solution had popped in to someones mind, my fork was unused but what if..............By the way the manager was right there watching.

Next was a rock solid corn muffin and I mean rock solid which Brittney replaced. By this time the ribs had cooled (my fault) and I sent them back to be reheated.

Now I was ready to dig in! About the second rib in to it the Manager was engaged in a childish discussion with a waitress over why she is not getting the shifts she wanted. She was told nobody liked her and that was the reason. Now with my mood spoiled I told him to take his employee disagreements out back, that was met with a blank stare and the gossip resumed.

Now for the bloodshed. Poor Brittney was stacking bar glasses when one started to fall, as the glass started to shatter she attempted to catch it with her left hand, a good gesture gone bad. She ran in to the kitchen screaming with a nice cut. A minute or two had passed and she had not calmed down so as a former EMT I went back to offer assistance.
I instructed an employee elevate the limb, apply pressure and ice which she did and Brittney was off for stitches.
A quiet thank you and the bill was the response from the manager. Another good deed gone thankless.
Needless to say Whiskey Creek in off of my list but the great town of Kearney will remain.

2  Thank Edthefishmeister
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Flat-iron steak and traditional style prime rib

Our motel had a 10% off coupon for Whiskey Creek so we
gave it a try. Enjoyed the two meals. Both were prepared
as ordered; the sides were good--esp. the dinner salad;
the small, warm loaf of bread that came with the salad
was anice touch; service was fast; the happy hour
drinks were full-size at a good price.
The flat-iron steak had good flavor but was "chewy";
the prime-rib had good flavor but was not as
tender as many I've had--a bit surprising since we were
in cattle country.
A decent value overall. Convenient to most of the motels in
south Kearney and I-80.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Our waitress was wonderful. We were in Kearney for 5 nights and ate here twice. The food is good and the make your own s'mores at your table was lots of fun!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We all had steaks and they were great. The baked sweet potato was a hit with my dad!! We also enjoyed watching the Nebraska game with the other patrons. Our waitress was very pleasant and attentive.