“Great steaks and ribs”

Whiskey Creek Wood Fire Grill
Ranked #8 of 113 Restaurants in Kearney
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A small, family-owned group of restaurants, hand-crafting food since 1995. We feature wood-fire grilled steaks cooked over full sized logs of oak and ash, award-winning BBQ slow-smoked on premise, homemade desserts and much more.
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Wonderful smokey ribs, and tender steaks. Good service, and close to many motels in the area, some within walking distance.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stopped by on a Saturday night and must say the service was excellent. I tried the whiskey marinated steak and it was quite tender and tastey. It was certainly different than what you find at other chain steak restaurants. I would NOT recommend the red velvet cake. I took a piece to go. I was dry and pretty tasteless... not at all what one would expect for $7.00

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We asked the hotel staff where they recommended and they suggest Whiskey Creek. It was a great place for steaks and we actually looked for more of them. Hope they open one in our area.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Okay...yes, Kearney was busy this night - a lot going on in town - and the restaurant was almost full. Maybe that's why our food was just...well...blah-tasting & average.

My wife had the pulled-pork, but it wasn't pulled (it was more like ham) & it was very fatty. The manager came by & we let him know & he did offer to replace it. I had a flat-iron steak that I could hardly cut with a knife, and when I did get it cut, I chewed & chewed & chewed. I had to spit out some bites because I just got frustrated...and all this for around $40.

The reason my rating is "average" and not "poor" is because of the superior customer service. The manager was very helpful and our server (Laurin) was simply outstanding! I really appreciated how we were treated.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Great Steak restaurant. We try to eat here whenever we visit this area. The brownie fudge delight is excellent. We especially like the casual atmosphere.....peanut shells everywhere :)