“Hotel does not honor discount coupons”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Logan
“Hotel does not honor discount coupons”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I had a discount coupon for the Country Inn and Suites in Kearney Nebraska which I attempted to use while making a telephone booking for the night of Monday, June 9, 2014. The Coupon was from a Hotel Coupons .com Discount Book.
The coupon was for $59.00 + Tax and specified that it was valid for 1-2 people, Sunday Thru Thursday with an additional $10 Charge for Friday and Saturdays. The coupon was valid thru 6/15/14. The only disclaimer was that it was subject to availability, not valid with other discounts, during holidays or special events.
I called the front desk directly, was told by the female who answered the phone that she did have 4 rooms available and the fee would be $119.00/ night.
I informed the desk clerk that I had a Coupon for $59.00/Night from the Hotel Coupons.Com that I would like to use.
The desk clerk informed me that I could not use the coupon because it was subject to availability.
I told the clerk that she just told me that she had 4 rooms available, with two beds, for $119.00.
The clerk stated that the manager or owner had advised her that when they only had a few rooms left for the night, that they would not accept any coupons.
I informed the clerk that this practice was deceptive and consisted of false advertising and that I would be staying elsewhere.
I should also note that the desk clerk informed me that they also do not honor AARP or AAA discounts when available rooms hit a certain point.
I hung up the phone and immediately called the Comfort Inn across the street and obtained a beautiful, clean room with 2 queen beds for a great price.
I don't have any other information good or bad about Country Inn and Suites other than their desceptive, bait and switch advertising.
The above rating is based only on my phone conversation with the front desk. I have no information regarding the actual hotel or its service.

Room Tip: Do not rely on coupons or discounts being honored by this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Good morning, I wanted to extend my apologies for the phone conversation you encountered with my front desk representative the other night. As much as we can, our hotel property tries to honor the discounted rates for our future guests. Even though you were informed that we still had rooms at the property, all other special rates were closed. I am happy that you found a hotel room in Kearney the night you were in town.

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention, I will be reviewing the process in which we accept discount coupons and reteach our front desk staff to explain the circumstances more accurately. Please know that I truly am sorry for this occurrence, and I hope that if your travels ever bring you back to Kearney, Nebraska that you decide to give our property another chance. Please feel free to call me directly or email if you have any questions.

General Manger of Country Inn & Suites Kearney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Grand Island, Nebraska
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My friends and I stayed here over the night and it was great. Staff was friendly, the room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. There was an elevator, which was very convenient. Since we were only staying there over the night, we didn't use the pool or fitness room. If you're passing through Kearney, it's a great hotel to stay over the night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nicole N
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Nicole,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you and your friends stayed with us. We value all guest feedback. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Cullman, Alabama
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We enjoyed a one bedroom suite and appreciated the bedroom being a separate room from the sitting area. There were some stains on the sofa and chair as well as on the carpet, but overall the room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The afternoon reception was a little disappointing from other places we have stayed. There was potato skins with cheese and bacon bits to top them but they were cold. Otherwise, snacks consisted of pretzels, chips, salsa, peanuts and popcorn. There was a choice of a glass of beer or wine which was nice. The breakfast was good with eggs, potatoes, cooked oatmeal, and the usual cereal, bagels, etc. The waffle maker was out of order. Overall we were pleased and would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra W
Dear Sandra,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We really appreciate your comments and concerns about the hotel. We will pass this feedback about the reception and breakfast service on to our staff. We are always trying to find ways to make this service better. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

ORD
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I was in Kearney on business and stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. The staff is amazing and so helpful. The rooms are very nice and clean. They had a nice breakfast, and on the evenings that I was there a "hospitality hour". It was an enjoyable stay and I look forward to staying again when I am in Kearney. I highly recommend you stay here when you visit Kearney.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank VICTORIA B
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Victoria,

Thank you so much for telling us about your visit. We really appreciate all of our business travelers. Thank you so much for choosing us. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Litchfield, Minnesota
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Very nice rooms. I could not have asked for more. Very clean rooms. Very comfortable bed. The breakfast was as expected. Near to the freeway. It was very quiet in the third floor room. It was worth what we paid.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Boxcar,

Thank you so much for your feedback about your visit. We are so glad that you enjoyed everything the hotel has to offer. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us, and that we could accommodate you. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Grand Rapids
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stopped overnight at this Country Inn and thoroughly enjoyed the night's rest. Actually, we love Kearney. This was a comfortable place to stop. When we travel this route in the future, we will surely look up this hotel. Clean, helpful and nice beds.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Michael,

Thank you for telling us about your visit. We are so glad that you and your family chose us for your hotel accommodations. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Papillion, Nebraska
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We occasionally need a room in Kearney, having a UNKearney student. We will only stay at Country Inn & Suites! Clean rooms, great breakfast, warm and welcoming staff. If you need a room in Kearney, I recommend you stay here. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: I'd recommend a third floor room, I love the high ceilings!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Mary

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us, and that we could accommodate you. We are so glad that we could provide you a room while you visit your student. Thank you so much for choosing us. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.