“Great deal on I-80”

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Waterloo, Iowa
“Great deal on I-80”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Not sure how this property can be ranked 13 out of 21 in Kearney. If so, this town has unbelievable places to stay ( probably not ). We were traveling cross country and picked up a hotel coupon book ( like another reviewer ) at a rest stop. I called ahead and reserved a room for $49. I was given a King room on the top floor ( third ) and it was very quiet. The bed was extremely comfortable, wifi worked perfectly, cable had at least 75 channels, and the shower was hot. What more can you ask? The breakfast was plentiful though the eggs, potatoes and biscuits and gravy were just okay. Stick with a hot waffle, fresh fruit or yogurt and you will be happier.
All in all probably the best $49 motel I will ever stay in. The front desk staff were very friendly and told me walk in rate was $89-109. I won't argue that
that is a fair price but the coupon made this a memorable stay.

Room Tip: Call a head and reserve a room on the quiet top floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Dennis K,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of your feedback. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We hope you enjoyed your time in Kearney. We hope that if your stay in Kearney again that you will consider us again. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Kearney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Erie, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stopped here in November last year around Christmas time and had a good time at this property. This time we were also driving from Ohio to Colorado and stopped again. Like last time we bid for the property on Priceline and got it at a pretty good discount.

They had the manager's evening invite with beer, pop, juices, and popcorn, salsa, chips and such. A nice little addition to their hospitality.

Unfortunately, I find the soap and shampoo in this place a bit irritating. In fact, I purposefully brought my own this time solely due to my experience at this hotel last time. Sad thing is, I forgot to bring it in from the car, and ended up just using it again. I find that it makes the tub way too slippery and dangerous. I also dislike the kind of soap that doesn't wash off. The shampoo is the same. Bring your own if you stay here.

I think I'll probably pass on staying here again for this latter reason.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Travelin59,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. Thank you for telling us about your concerns about the soap in the bathroom. Thank you for this feedback. We will pass this on to our staff. At the hotel we appreciate all feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for future guests to the hotel. Thank you for staying with us. Thank you for your time.

Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Like many people staying off I-80 in Nebraska we were passing through cross-country after a long day in the car. We used one of the "green book" coupon deals and got a great rate at $49+tax. For this price the hotel was an incredible value. The check-in was smooth and all of the staff were very friendly especially the breakfast attendant. The room was nicely apportioned and clean and the beds were on the better side of the hotel spectrum. Although we didn't use the pool it looked nice and the workout room seemed ample as well. The hotel is located on a commercial strip packed with myriad other lodging options but this was certainly a good fit for our journey.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear ndap987s3w,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback regarding your stay. We are so glad that we could accommodate you and your family during your trip. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Driving cross country made this hotel's location right off I-80 a great stop. They had a "reception" on the week night we were there, complete with nachos, drinks, and other snacks. The breakfast was hot and plentiful. The pool was a welcome treat after an entire day in the car!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Laura C,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us, and that we could accommodate you . We strive as a hotel to provide a clean,safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

The rooms in this hotel have been recently redecorated. The beds are comfortable and the bedding seems new. If the duvet covers are not what you like, there are clean cotton blankets on the shelves that you can choose to use instead. Our stay was quiet. They serve a free hot breakfast including eggs. At check-in you will find coffee, cookies and popcorn awaiting you in the lobby. Even though some of the woodwork in the common areas shows the hotel's age and the wooden stairs to the 2nd floor were creaky, this was a very good stop for us. Had a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Check web sites or travel stops for Nebraska hotel coupons. We got one for this hotel for $49!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Sheila B,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. We really appreciate all of our business travelers. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your feedback. We hope you will visit with us again in the future.

Baltimore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here for a single night, definitely would not have given it 3+ stars. There were water stains and cracks in the ceiling. Beds were pretty comfortable. Parking lot and drive up was horrible, still lots of mud and no pavement. Front doors to hotel were cracked. Would have chosen a different place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns with the hotel during your stay. After reading your response though, I wasn't sure if you had stayed at our property or not. Our parking lot is indeed paved and I assure you that our front doors are not cracked. I hope this was simply just an error in posting. However, if you feel that your response were fully intended for the Country Inn and Suites here in Kearney, Ne, please do not hesitate to contact me so we can discuss your concerns with my property. Please contact me directly either by phone or by email.

Hons Lierman
General Manager Country Inn & Suites by Carlson
105 Talmadge Street Kearney, NE 68847
P. (308) 236-7500
f. (308) 236-4208
________________________________________
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I made a last minute booking during business travel and had a very good experience. The room was clean and on par with what I expected from this level of hotel. My wake up call was on time, the fitness room was small but I was the only one using it, the hot tub was clean and well maintained and the free breakfast was good. I didn't get a chance to use the free internet very much but it worked for what I needed and I value the fact that they offered free wireless.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Chad K,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of our business travelers. Thank you for mentioning our amenities. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We will pass your comments on to our staff. We hope you enjoyed your time in Kearney. We hope you will consider us again in the future.