“Comfortable Rooms”

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Omaha, Nebraska
“Comfortable Rooms”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The rooms in this hotel have been recently redecorated. The beds are comfortable and the bedding seems new. If the duvet covers are not what you like, there are clean cotton blankets on the shelves that you can choose to use instead. Our stay was quiet. They serve a free hot breakfast including eggs. At check-in you will find coffee, cookies and popcorn awaiting you in the lobby. Even though some of the woodwork in the common areas shows the hotel's age and the wooden stairs to the 2nd floor were creaky, this was a very good stop for us. Had a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Check web sites or travel stops for Nebraska hotel coupons. We got one for this hotel for $49!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Sheila B,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. We really appreciate all of our business travelers. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your feedback. We hope you will visit with us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Kearney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Baltimore
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here for a single night, definitely would not have given it 3+ stars. There were water stains and cracks in the ceiling. Beds were pretty comfortable. Parking lot and drive up was horrible, still lots of mud and no pavement. Front doors to hotel were cracked. Would have chosen a different place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns with the hotel during your stay. After reading your response though, I wasn't sure if you had stayed at our property or not. Our parking lot is indeed paved and I assure you that our front doors are not cracked. I hope this was simply just an error in posting. However, if you feel that your response were fully intended for the Country Inn and Suites here in Kearney, Ne, please do not hesitate to contact me so we can discuss your concerns with my property. Please contact me directly either by phone or by email.

Hons Lierman
General Manager Country Inn & Suites by Carlson
105 Talmadge Street Kearney, NE 68847
P. (308) 236-7500
f. (308) 236-4208
________________________________________
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I made a last minute booking during business travel and had a very good experience. The room was clean and on par with what I expected from this level of hotel. My wake up call was on time, the fitness room was small but I was the only one using it, the hot tub was clean and well maintained and the free breakfast was good. I didn't get a chance to use the free internet very much but it worked for what I needed and I value the fact that they offered free wireless.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Chad K,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of our business travelers. Thank you for mentioning our amenities. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We will pass your comments on to our staff. We hope you enjoyed your time in Kearney. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We made a last minute decision to stay in Kearney and were able to find a room with a great rate, even on a busy weekend. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear MSell,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. We are so glad that we could accomodate you. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean,safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for choosing us. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We have been so pleased with other Country Inn & Suites that this chain is our go-to for hotels. If we had stayed at the one in Kearney first, we'd never stay at another.
We had so many problems with our Internet access that DH finally gave up--even though he really needed to stay connected for work. We had to call their help service at least four times (we were only there for one night), and usually either couldn't get connected or stay connected.
The shower didn't work properly, so half of the water kept coming in via the faucet, making the water pressure for the shower a dribble.
Guests were wandering around looking for employees to help them.
The oatmeal at the breakfast was tepid, and they mixed the bacon in with the eggs, so there was no hot entrée for vegetarians or people who don't eat pork.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for expressing your concerns regarding our hotel on TripAdvisor. Please be assured that we take all concerns seriously and look into all matters immediately. In regards to your concern with the connectivity of our wireless internet, I have spoken with our current wireless provider and they were able to determine that there were not any outages during your stay with us. After reading the review I also had sent up our maintenance engineer to look at the shower in the room. We were unable to find anything wrong; sometimes though, the shower lever may not have been pulled all the way up and this allows for water to still flow through the faucet therefore creating weak shower pressure from the shower head. As for our free continental breakfast, we do offer a wide variety of foods for all guests that are within the Carlson guideline standards for all Country Inn and Suites. I do apologize that the oatmeal temperature was not to your preference; however we do follow all corporate and state set standards in regards to food preparation and temperatures. Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to express your concerns with us. I invite you to contact me personally at any time if you would wish to discuss this matter in further detail with me.

Hons Lierman - General Manager - (308) 236-7500
Norfolk, Nebraska
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was one of the unlucky travelers stuck in Kearney during the snow storm that closed I-80 down for 24hrs. I had stayed here before and so I was familiar with their pricing. They were more than accomodating with their pricing. They knew that we had no choice but to stay in a hotel and they still didn't gouge the prices. They actually offered me a "snowed in" discount. I think it was just a discount from my AAA, but they tried to have a little humor with a bad situation and it was appreciated. Being able to sit down and have a couple of beers at the reception without having to leave the hotel helped make for a good end to a bad day. Because the interstate was closed for most of the day the next day, I was worried I was going to have to pay for an extra night. Not this hotel. They let me have an amazing late check out with no extra cost. I will always stay with these guys. They have a caring staff who always seems to be willing to do whatever then can to help the guest out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Greg S,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are glad that we could accommodate you during the snow storm. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We will pass all of your comments on to the staff. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We arrived late and right in front of us a bus filled with college kids had just checked in. The customary cookies and hot beverages were all tapped out, the pool and hot tub were broken, and the front desk was so overwhelmed they couldn't really help us. This was just a no win situation. The room was mostly comfortable with good climate control and comfortable bedding. One note on the bedding the pillows are an odd small squarish thing which resemble couch throw pillows not bed pillows, not to my liking. Other than that this was a pretty uneventful and average stay. I did expect more from Country Inn and Suites and would give them another try.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear nahdogg,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We will pass your thoughts on to our staff. We appreciate you thoughts about the check in process, the pool, and your room. We hope that this did not inconvenience you at all. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We hope that in the future that you may give us another chance to show you a great hotel experience. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.