““Great Hotel, very convenient””

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Lincoln, Nebraska
““Great Hotel, very convenient””
Reviewed November 20, 2012

It is a great hotel if you are travelling I-80 - Superb location! Worth the stay! Staff were very welcoming and helpful. The best part was the waffles in the morning as a part of their complimentary breakfast. Hotel is very well kept. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Greg555555,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback regarding the hotel. Thank you for mentioning our breakfast service. We are always trying to find a new way to make that service better. We value guest feedback, because it allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn Suites Kearney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed here on a recent cross-country trip. By the time I had arrived in Kearney, I had driven several hundred miles and was ready for a nice place to lay my head down, and I wasn't disappointed. This is the kind of place I've come to expect from Country Inn (and Carlson too.) Clean, comfortable room, friendly staff, a free glass of wine, and even though the pool was closed for repair when I arrived, I have nothing but good things to say.

Room Tip: If you show up on Sunday through Thursday between 5pm and 7pm, there are free drinks in the lobby!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Pat B,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments. We appreciate all of your feedback. We are very sorry the pool was not available during your stay. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for your, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Canon City, Colorado
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We always stay here when in Kearney :) They give a nice government discount plus the rooms are nice and clean , comfy and quiet. Large desk for your computer . Breakfast was great ...sausage & eggs , fresh fruit , oatmeal ...lots of other choices ... cereal , bagels . Many places to eat nearby. We will be back again on our next vacation !

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear theakitty,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you for staying with us. We strive as hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Nebraska
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was told my confirmation number was not valid. My name for reservation was spelled wrong. I was to have direct billing which I was told they didn't have any record/information for that. I was also to be tax exempt which they had no record of either. They had to call the agency to get the tax exempt number. The front desk girl was rather rude during the whole check in process. I was also surprised that I had to give a credit card so they could hold $25 in funds for incidentials. I will certainly think twice before staying here again. If you do stay, get all details in writing! It could save you a lot of hassle when checking in!

Room Tip: Request confirmation of your reservation in writing. Make sure your name is spelled correctly &...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 13, 2012

After requesting a room away from the vending machines, we were given a room across the hall from them. Even with the door closed, you could hear them run. We requested a room on the other end of the hall, and after some haggling, were given a quieter room (they were not full). The included wine/beer and snacks in the dining room were most welcome after being on the road for 11 hours. There is a wonderful hike/bike trail not far from the hotel that we made good use of. Breakfast was varied and plentiful enough we did not need to find a restaurant for breakfast as we usually do when faced with a hotel "included" breakfast!

Room Tip: Request a room away from the vending machines. They are the noisiest I've ever heard!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Karen D,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are sorry for your first room assignment. We are so glad that we could accommodate you with another room. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Thank you for mentioning our breakfast service. We are always trying to find better ways to make the service better.

Americus
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our room was comfortable. I liked the fact that we could leave the fan on the A/C on continually to keep the air circulating. The hotel was clean. When we checked in, we had a coupon from the visitors bureau, but was told we couldn't use as we had gotten such a good rate deal online. (It really wasn't that great of a deal) Breakfast was excellent. There were many things to choose from and ample seating. The breakfast would be what would bring me back to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Norfolk, Nebraska
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This hotel offers the perfect location. It's right off of the interstate, but you don't hear any of the traffic. The manager's reception with the free beer was exactly what I needed after driving all day. The breakfast in the morning was a LOT more than expected. I was expecting rolls, bagels, and cereal. They had fritatas, potatoes, biquits and gravy, waffles, fresh fruit, juices, 3 different kinds of coffees!! Even though the breakfast room was a little crowded (which seems to be the case in EVERY hotel), the real dishes and silverware made you feel more at home and so I didn't care anyway. The rooms very spacious. The rooms weren't perfect but with 200 hotel nights stays a year, for me this is one of my top picks and I will definitly be back!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business