“Surprise tasty Thai food in kearney”

Suwannee Thai Cuisine
Ranked #2 of 110 Restaurants in Kearney
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A fusion of flavors from both the north and the south parts of Thailand come together in this wonderful family owned Thai restaurant
Omaha, Nebraska
“Surprise tasty Thai food in kearney”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Found this restaurant driving through kearney. Worth a visit the Thai food is very good and I recommend to any one staying in kearney

Boston, MA
“Surprisingly good!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Wanting to avoid the plethora of mediocre chain restaurants in Kearney, I stopped at Suwanee for a light dinner. The service was attentive and the food very good. The fresh spring rolls and Thai salad were tasty and filling although the salad would have been improved by the use of another type of lettuce besides iceberg.

• Visited April 2014
Denver, CO
“Great spot!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We decided to eat at Suwannee after we looked at the reviews on Trip Advisor. This restaurant was rated #1.

It is definitely off the beaten path, inside a strip mall. The decor is really nice and the restaurant has a nice atmosphere.

We were seated immediately and we noticed that after about 15 minutes in the restaurant it was full! We were there around 5:30 on a Saturday night. This place gets busy!

My husband ordered the tom yum soup and had pot stickers and then he had mango chicken and I had the pad thai (it was a different unusual take on pad thai. I have had lots of pad thai but this one was different a bit sweeter and the noodles were different).

Everything was good and the service was good. I am giving only 4 stars because they do not serve alcohol (they do not have a liquor license) which is too bad as beer goes well with some of the Thai dishes.

Overall it was a great experience and we would definitely go back.

• Visited March 2014
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Coming to Kearney? Eat here!”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

In a town full of chain restaurants and mediocre local dining options, Suwannee is a hidden gem. You wouldn't expect such good, authentic Thai cuisine in the middle of Nebraska, but it rivals any Thai restaurant I've visited in a large city.

The food is very authentic and flavorful, and no matter what you're in the mood for, there is certainly something on the menu for you. I'm a fan of spicier dishes, and there is a rather nice selection of them (though they will gladly make any dish spicy on request). The drunken noodles and pad thai are not to be missed.

It's a bit of a hike from the interstate, but if you're passing through and have a little extra time, it is worth the drive. The restaurant is a bit small and will fill up fast in the middle of the lunch and dinner hours, so plan accordingly.

• Visited March 2014
Omaha, Nebraska
“Amazing1”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I will start off by saying I had an entirely different experience than the people who had bad service or greasy food! I was absolutely thrilled to have discovered this Thai restaurant. I started with the Tom Yum soup. I have to say it was possibly the best I have ever enjoyed. I LOVE Tom Yum, and have eaten it on 3 continents over the last 30 years. The flavors were jumping all over my tongue, and I was in heaven with this soup! I had the shrimp with it, but that was superfluous. The wonderful mix of flavors is what made this soup so great...not the shrimp. I also ordered the Thai Sampler. It was a solid A+! The crispy silver bags (wontons) were outstanding. The ultra thin wrapping allowed the taste of the filling to come through without being smothered by the wrapper. The spring rolls and dumplings were equally delicious. I added the shrimp in a blanket and thy were nicely crisped, and served with a perfect dipping sauce! The server was very nice, and did a great job. I do have 2 areas I would suggest for improvement. The first would be to erect some type of screen/windblock at the front door. The restaurant is quite small, and every time the door was opened, a bitterly cold wind blew throughout the entire place. It was 3 degrees tonight, so the wind really did send shocks through the diners! My other suggestion would be timing. I ordered the soup as an app, and the Thai Sampler as my entree. My soup arrived, followed by my Thai Sampler approximately 2 minutes later. Was it a deal killer? Certainly not, but it is just a suggestion to help improve their service. I look forward to visiting again tomorrow before I return home to Omaha. While I certainly did not expect to find a Thai gem here in the middle of Nebraska, I sure am glad I did!!!

• Visited February 2014

Been to Suwannee Thai Cuisine? Share your experiences!