“So delicious”

Suwannee Thai Cuisine
Ranked #3 of 113 Restaurants in Kearney
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A fusion of flavors from both the north and the south parts of Thailand come together in this wonderful family owned Thai restaurant
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Service might be a little slow at times but the food is fantastic. Get there early if possible as it is not that big. First place I ever had Thai and now I can't match it any place else. People laugh when I tell them I'm going to Nebraska for the Thai food! I hit it every time I am traveling in the area. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have eaten here on several occasions and will definitely be returning. My husband is vegetarian so it's nice to have tofu dishes available. The ginger tea is perfect in cool weather. As is typical with many Thai restaurants in America, some of the dishes run on the sweet side, others on the spicy side. Just be aware as you order.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

A friend had recommended Suwannee Thai, and said it was her very favorite place to eat in Kearney. Well, I will agree that it is a nice addition to the busy Kearney restaurant scene, and well worth the drive out to the west side of town, across from the UNK campus, to eat here.
The restaurant itself is clean and simple but still attractive. The servers who waited on our group were very friendly and helpful in describing the various meal options.
The food was uniformly excellent. The hot and sour soup was beautifully presented. Everyone at our table loved their meals. My mango curry seafood stuffed into a mango shell was really, really good.
I will note that no alcohol is offered, which is a minus.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

When I first moved to Kearney I hoped we would one day have a Thai restaurant. I have traveled all over the country and the world and this is as good as any Thai restaurant I've visited anywhere.

So, if you live in Kearney, be sure to try Suwannee. If you are visiting Kearney, don't miss out! Carry out is also available.

The crispy silver bags are unbelievably good - but everything is fantastic.

My hopes for the restaurant are that the dining area and kitchen can expand, in fact, a whole new location would be great - one where there is a barrier between the front entrance and the dining room - it is just too cold most of the year. One ends up waiting longer than one might expect because it is a small restaurant with a small kitchen, but big demand - it is worth it, but I hope the time is right for the restaurant to expand. Because of the crowds, many people order carry out, but then this just makes the wait longer for those who sit in the restaurant. Again, it's worth it.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We live in Denver and it is by far the best thai food that we've had. There isn't anything bad that we've ever ordered. Highly recommend it to anyone that is a thai food lover, or is interested in trying it for the first time.