Holiday Inn Express Kearney
Very Good 4/5
Very Good 4/5
Excellent 5/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsloved the modern decorchocolate milktwo queen size bedsfourth floorspacious roomsleeper sofasoda machinenice hotelmanagers receptionexcellent breakfastcrane migrationmeeting roompublic areasafter midnightchecking inpool and hot tubgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 8, 2010

My 8 month old niece was crawling around and after 20 minutes the tops of her feet (from crawling) looked like she had oil caked to them. It was sick! The tile in our bathroom was gray to black depending on what area you looked at. The chairs were dirty and we all had to wear shoes so we wouldn't have black feet too. To top it off the indoor pool was ICE COLD! Terrible experience! We travel to Kearney a lot for family trips to meet everyone and we will NOT stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
KearneyHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2010

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel in Kearney, NE.

Our main goal is to provide a great experience for everyone who walks through our doors and with a review such as this it only helps us achieve that goal for future guests. I can assure you that the problems you mentioned in your review have been met head on to prevent any of the same problems from happening again the future.

I can only hope that you can find it within yourself to give our property another chance so we can show you that your experience was not a typical one.

If you do choose our hotel again I ask that you would please come to the desk or speak with our management team if you do notice any problems. I promise the situation will be resolved quickly and to your satisfaction.

I look forward to seeing you with us again so we can show that we take our guests’ comfort, satisfaction and opinions seriously.

Reviewed July 20, 2010

Traveled 550 miles and needed a place to stay for one night. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I wasn't sure which way was the best route for me and the staff went out of their way to help me find a hotel and directions. The pool and hot tub was clean. We had a great stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of our property!

Hearing a review such as yours makes me feel very proud as a manager. My main goal is to ensure that every guest who comes to this hotel is treated like family and has only a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Having read your review I can see that my staff has helped me achieve that goal.

I look forward to seeing you with us again when you are in the area! Thank you again!

Reviewed November 20, 2009

The hotel was fine. The walls and floor are very thin so noise was a bit of a problem. the breakfast was great though.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2009

My wife and I traveled from Omaha to Kearney to see our 3 Grandkids and decided to stay at this hotel. Due to the number of kids, we got a suite. The room was awesome. Two queen beds (very comfortable) and one sofa pull out bed. There was also a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The shower had plenty of pressure (which is a pet peave of mine) and the bathroom was very big.
The indoor pool was heated to a comfortable temperature and the jacuzzi was huge.
The free breakfast the next morning was a big surprise. I expected the usual donuts and cereal but that wasn't the case. They did have rolls and cereal and they also had hot items like scrambled eggs and sausage. The breakfast bar was also staffed by a very nice lady.
This stay was a great experience and I'm certain we will stay there again the next time we travel to Kearney to see the Grandkids.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to give your opinion of the Holiday Inn Express Kearney, Ne. I'm thrilled to hear that you had a nice stay. Knowing that my hotel helped you enjoy some quality time with your grandchildren makes my job very easy. We strive on a daily basis to provide a clean, comfortable place for our guests to call their home away from home. With our level of service being what sets us above all the rest. Thank you for choosing my Holiday Inn Express, we look forward to seeing you and your grandchildren agin very soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2009

Front desk staff friendly. Room was excellent: two large beds plus sofa sleeper. Sofa sleeper already had sheets on it - nice touch given how late we arrived. Would have liked sofa sleeper bedding to be same as regular beds (quilt, pillows, blanket), had to borrow pillow from a bed and had only a small wool blanket. Could have asked for additional blankets, but too tired to worry about it. Also had fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and nice TV. Bathroom clean, well stocked (could have used a couple more towels since there were three of us), and had fan. Standard tasty HI Express breakfast with plain scrambled eggs, sausage patties, cereals, juices, coffees, and of course the cinnamon rolls. Location just off interstate, quite and set apart from main road of hotels and restaurants. Parking lot appeared safe and well lit, we even left some luggage in vehicle. Would stay again, excellent representation of the HI Express chain.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2009

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express in Kearney NE. I appreciate you taking time to let myself as well as all who use this site know about your experience at my property. Our daily goal is to make our guests as happy and comfortable as possible. Also that their stay with us be "something to write home about". It is great to know that we accomplished that goal with you. We hope you choose our hotel the next time you travel through Nebraska. Thank you again for your time and comments.