“Decent menu and good service in downtown Kearney NE”
Review of The Alley Rose

The Alley Rose
Ranked #1 of 110 Restaurants in Kearney
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reno, Nevada
“Decent menu and good service in downtown Kearney NE”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

It seems as though every small town has its own local hotspot with excellent food. In Kearney you need to try the Alley Rose. It is in the downtown commercial district with lots of easy parking. The restaurant has a nice feel to it with a wood/brass decor. Service is very friendly. The steaks were fine Nebraska beef and there was a decent salad bar. The wine list was reasonably extensive for a small town restaurant, and well priced which was a surprise. Good food, good service and good value.

• Visited May 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“Must have been a bad day”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

This was recommended to us by a person in our hotel. It looked quaint from the outside and inside. It is my wife's and my last night on the road so she ordered the Halibit (the nights special) and I ordered the $25 New York steak. The meals were both brought at the same time. I ordered my steak medium--it was served to me extremely rare. I sent it back. It came back to me a few minutes later, and it was still rare. I sent it back again, and when it came back it still wasn't right but I ate it anyway. It wasn't that good, so in my estimation, was over priced. My wife said her Halibit was dry but tasted "ok". I had chocolate cake for dessert and it was also "ok". Due to my experience, I would not recommend it, but then again, it could have been an off night.

Visited May 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
“I think i had way higher expectations.”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

It is a nice place. The food was average, overcooked salmon, bland mash potatoes, etc and overpriced.
The services was good,

We had been giving good references about this place, maybe we have to stop believing what people a little older than us tells us.

Visited February 2013
Grand Island, Nebraska
“At Least the Food Was Good”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

While in Kearney with my daughter for an appointment we decided to have lunch at somewhere different that our usual spot for a change. We picked the Alley Rose as she wanted something different in a sandwich. They were very busy as it was the noon hour, and they are usually very busy so we did have to wait for our food for a while. It was worth the wait though. What could have been better was the greeting by the hostess. A second person seated us and the hostess thought we had gone to the table on our own. She was not very pleasant. The waitress did a fantastic job, and the food was great. Would go there again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank ConnieSears
Lincoln, NE
“Great food and service”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was in Kearney for a business trip and this place was a top recommendation. I see why. The server was very friendly and good at her job. The soup and salad bar inclusion with my entree was a nice surprise. The spicy tomato bisque and chicken soup was fantastic. I ordered the ribeye medium rare. It was more on the medium side but the flavor was amazing. My colleagues ordered a seafood pasta dish which arrived in a massive portion. They loved it but couldn't come close to finishing it all.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jski529

Been to The Alley Rose? Share your experiences!