“Thanksgiving Day Buffet disappointment.”
Review of Venue - CLOSED

Cuisines: Contemporary
Description: It is associated with the Holiday Inn in Kearney
Description: It is associated with the Holiday Inn in Kearney
Reviewed January 5, 2013

FIRSTLY I WOULD LIKE TO MENTION THAT THIS RESTAURANT IS NOW CALLED LEGACY 272.
We traveled from Lincoln to dine with my wife's godmother who lives in Kearney on Thanksgiving Day November 2012 for the restaurant's Thanksgiving Day buffet as we had enjoyed it there the previous year.
Well, this year was a bitter disappointment!! The food was barely warm first time round the buffet (hotter the second time though), the meat choices were limited to either very salty ham or shredded turkey. The previous year there was also roast beef and one other choice of meat. Our server was clumsy spilling a glass of water all over the table and on my wife. She then proceeded to call my wife "dear" every time she would come over and ask her if she would like a glass of wine etc. My wife soon corrected her on how to address customers when serving them in a restaurant.
After our disappointing meal we decided to order a hot drink. The ladies got coffee while I asked for hot tea. Our server brought me some hot water with a choice of either spicy orange or passion herbal teas, no regular tea! I asked her if they had any regular teabags, even Liptons, and she replied that was all they had. This was a hotel restaurant for heavens sake!! I'm sure they could have found some other teabags if they had bothered to look!!
The other thing we were not pleased about was the price of the buffet which was $19.95 per person. This was higher than the previous year and no discount was given for senior citizens whereas it was previously (two of our party were seniors).
A few days later I went on the hotels website and found a "Contact Us" link. So, I emailed the manager expressing our bitter disappointment with our dining experience. Two weeks later I had not received any response so I sent a written letter in the mail. As of about three weeks later I still have not had the courtesy of a response.
It is clear from this complete lack of response that this restaurant does not care about their customers and whether they come back or not! WE WILL DEFINITELY NOT BE GOING BACK THERE!!
The Perkins restaurant in Kearney was open on Thanksgiving Day and we know we would have had a more enjoyable meal there and I would have got a decent cup of hot tea as well!!

1  Thank Albrit

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We spent all day at the Wine and Jazz festival and decided to get a late diner after a long day of music and wine tasting Nebraska wines. The atmosphere was wonderfully cheerful and the menu was perfect for the days outing, We all selected something different and tried each other meal, all where fantastic and none had a complaint. A fine wine selection and service was top notch.

1  Thank landlockedNE
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My granddaughter had her wedding reception here & it is a very nice establishment. I would recommend it for any type of occasion. The food was fabulous & the help is great. Book you next occasion here, you won't regret it.

1  Thank mwalters211
Reviewed June 22, 2012

not sure what this place is trying to be. They have a drastically overpriced menu. Its nice to be fancy or have unique items but don't ruin them with an over powered imagination. I don't get it. Small portions, average food, with HUGE PRICES. eat there quick b/c this place is a recipe for disaster. doubt they will be around too much longer. last time i was there the cooks were outside smoking with their aprons on and the cooks inside had their drinks sitting on the pick up window where my food was sitting. very strange to see with $25 menu items.

3  Thank bsmith85
Reviewed January 10, 2012

If you like to eat alone this seems to be the place to go in Kearney. Everyone has tried it---few go back---do the math

1  Thank Continent8