“Thumbs up...I have been here twice now.”

Midtown Western Inn
Midtown Western Inn
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Toronto, Canada
“Thumbs up...I have been here twice now.”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is a family owned, friendly clean place to stay. The rooms are dated and here and there the wallpaper is peeling BUT the rooms are big, with a fridge and microwave. The owners seem to care about you and make you feel very welcome.
The breakfast isn't much of anything but there are loads of places to eat in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Was moving across country and stayed here. I was very impressed by how friendly and helpful the owner was. I was nervous about my vehicle since it had a bed full of moving items, the owner told me I had nothing to worry about, but agreed to give me a room right by the office on the first floor so that he and I could keep a better eye on it.

The rooms here are nothing to brag about, not filthy, but not clean either, and are obviously dated. But given the price I feel that the room was adequate. However, the friendliness of the owner makes up for any deficiencies as far as I am concerned. If you are traveling on a budget and just need a place to sleep then I recommend this motel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Nebraska
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I work in Kearney and due to winter weather, sometimes I need to stay overnight, Midtown Western Inn is pretty much the cheapest place to stay in town. I have been here twice now and always felt perfectly comfortable even as a woman staying alone. The rooms look kind of like my grandma's house, aka about 30 years out of date but they are very clean. The bathroom is the only weak spot, a little mold in the shower and the water runs out of the faucet a little rusty at first. Friendly staff, microwave and fridge in every room, good place to stay if you just need a comfortable bed and room to crash for the night.

Room Tip: Try and get a downstairs room, stairs are outside
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Holdrege
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Don't stay at the Midtown Western Inn in Kearney. The floors are filthy. You get what you pay for. When I first walked into my room at 10:00 p.m., there was a half of a pill and two spots of white powdery stuff on the floor. I should have turned around and checked out then, but had to get ready for a presentation the next day and didn't want to have to find another motel that late at night. At 11:00 p.m., when I went to pull down the sheets, there was an old French fry on the floor between the bed and the night stand. The next morning, I complained and asked to have the room vacuumed before I returned. When I got back at 5:00 p.m., it hadn't been vacuumed and the French fry was still on the floor. The owner was very rude to me when I told him I didn't want to be charged for the 2nd night. He was a total jerk about it and charged me for two full nights because it was past the 11:00 check out time.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank NeverAgain11

Travelers are raving about these Kearney hotels