“Careful with Coupons”

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Omaha
“Careful with Coupons”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

I called couple weeks ahead and booked a room because I found a coupon in one of those Travel Magazines you find along the interstate. I spoke with a man who answered the phone, and I specifically asked if I could get the coupon rate. He let me talk to a woman he claimed was his wife because she did the bookings. When I arrived for my stay, I was told that I could not use the coupon as there were all sorts of special events going on in Kearney and that the coupon stated it was not valid during holidays and special events. I explained that I realized the coupon stated that information, but also that when I booked the room, I was told I could get the coupon rate. The two women at the front desk acted as if they couldn't imagine who would have ever told me that. Perhaps the front desk had been hijacked by a husband-wife team on the day I called, but the two women at the front desk were not willing to take my word that I had spoken with someone at the hotel and made the reservation intending to use the coupon. So, for $25.00 more than the coupon rate, I did stay because I didn't want to attempt to find a room in Kearney when there were "apparently" so many events going on. It will be my last stay at the Western Inn South in Kearney.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank 2010travelerxyz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Luzerne, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

For the price it is a very nice hotel...Trailer parking, good internet and even a fridge and microwave....

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business