“Rude and dirty, avoid this place !”

Western Inn South Kearney
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Longmont, Colorado, United States
“Rude and dirty, avoid this place !”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stay away! The room was dirty with brown chunks along the wall. The place smells awful and the front desk person was rude. The other person in the lobby decided to camp instead of stay here and I may have done better camping than coming hear. There are other options along the same street, pick any other, like the Motel 6.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Randall M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lincoln,Ne.
Reviewed March 25, 2011

First when we arrived there was a horrible stale smell.We sprayed body spray to help cover smell. The room was fairly clean, but needs to be updated badly. Pipes in hallway exposed and doors are very beatup and in poor condition. Pool is nice ,but cold water.The shower had broken walls and caulking all over it that looked like a child tried to fix it.We filled out a card for comments that was left in room,which by the way nothing was there to write with,and I told them of these problems.We said we would stay both nights we paid for but would never return or recomend this place again.At 11 p.m. we woke to some people trying to get into our room with a key.The dead bolt wouldn't allow them in but had we not had that on; in they would have walked.We opened the door and told them we had the room for another night . They were told to have our room. We received a phone call from the front desk saying,she thought we left. We never checked out or turned in our key. They gave those people another key to our room. In the morning , way before check out, the maid was outside our room in the hall talking very loudly on her cell phone. We could repeat her whole conversation.When we checked out they told us because we said we would never stay again they gave out our room.We were given one key and the front desk lady repeated that the cleaning lady found two keys in our room and turned it in and said we were gone. That was a lie. We were given one key and still had it and were trying to check out with it. When we asked ,"How could we have left the key and still have it right infront of her?" She said ,"I don't know thats just what I was told." I would never stay here if I were you. Microwave didn't work right either.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank unhappyLincoln_Ne_

Travelers are raving about these Kearney hotels

Omaha, NE
Reviewed November 13, 2010

Originally from Kearney, I had stayed at Wester Inn South many times over the years. So many times that I was givien a frequent traveler discount by the previous management. In July 2010, the management changed. Similarly to another guest, when we stayed in August, our room was not cleaned between stays. The same excuse was given, even though we knew we hadn't left the do not disturb on (it's a deadbolt that shows the do not disturb, and we had left through that door), it was impossible. The manager said that we were at fault and said "well, you don't change your sheets and towels at home every night, so I don't understand why you're so upset". Also, they have changed the rate twice in the last year. Then I was told very rudely that I shouldn't have even had the discount in the first place. I can ignore the waft of smoke from the hallway, the old, dated decor, and even maintence issues (phones didn't work, rust in the tub, etc), but I cannot tolerate being treated so horribly by management. We won't be back, neither will our families.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NEAnn
Reviewed September 18, 2010

I reserved a room for September 2010. I have stayed there many times before with no problems, however, when I got back to my room housekeeping had not cleaned. I tried discussing this with the manager. He told me it was my fault because I must have left my do not disturb sign on the door. I didn't even have the sign up! I was also charged a higher price for the room than what I reserved it for. This is new management as of July and I was highly disappointed. This will be my last stay.

• Stayed September 2010
2 Thank aarmom
Omaha
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I called couple weeks ahead and booked a room because I found a coupon in one of those Travel Magazines you find along the interstate. I spoke with a man who answered the phone, and I specifically asked if I could get the coupon rate. He let me talk to a woman he claimed was his wife because she did the bookings. When I arrived for my stay, I was told that I could not use the coupon as there were all sorts of special events going on in Kearney and that the coupon stated it was not valid during holidays and special events. I explained that I realized the coupon stated that information, but also that when I booked the room, I was told I could get the coupon rate. The two women at the front desk acted as if they couldn't imagine who would have ever told me that. Perhaps the front desk had been hijacked by a husband-wife team on the day I called, but the two women at the front desk were not willing to take my word that I had spoken with someone at the hotel and made the reservation intending to use the coupon. So, for $25.00 more than the coupon rate, I did stay because I didn't want to attempt to find a room in Kearney when there were "apparently" so many events going on. It will be my last stay at the Western Inn South in Kearney.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank 2010travelerxyz
Luzerne, Michigan
Reviewed July 12, 2010

For the price it is a very nice hotel...Trailer parking, good internet and even a fridge and microwave....

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business