“Can't be beat !”

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Pottsville, Pennsylvania
“Can't be beat !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We traveled from Pennsylvania to Yellowstone & Billings MT & now making our was east again. We have stayed in at least 11 different hotels so far. This one is nice and ranks up as one of the best. Not that others weren't clean or have friendly staff. Somehow it excels in everything or should I say I found nothing wrong and I have no complaints. And I am picky and can find faults even if good hotels. I've done a lot of reviews while on our trip and maybe 2 got away with no complaints and only this Best Western got 5 stars. The location is great (reason I chose
it).... lots of restaurants nearby, Wifi, good breakfast and convenient laundry. If in Kearney stay here.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank saramay
Kellyk123, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Mid Nebraska Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words. Come back and see us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Bettendorf, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here in mid May on our way out to Utah, got in around 9pm, desk clerk was okay, polite. Starting with the positives, we had a quiet and clean 2-queen bed room on 2nd floor on the south side away from I-80. With not many staying here our room was very quiet. In spite of the quiet and my husband and I each having a separate queen bed, neither of us could sleep much, had a terrible night's sleep because the BEDS WERE SO SOFT, WORN OUT, SAGGING, providing no back support. How this place is getting #1 reviews is a mystery. Needless to say, on our way back thru Nebraska we stayed elsewhere and will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with newer beds, if they have any.
1 Thank Like-to-hike24601
I'm so sorry that you had a bad experience due to our beds. We usually get compliments on our beds from guests. Again, I appologize.
Kearney, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

After driving all day from Kentucky trying to get to Wyoming, me and the family decided to get off the road early and get some much needed Rand R. We chose Kearny and decided to use our BW rewards along with a little guidance from my trusted travel advisor app. Called the reservation center and was informed that the BW plus was fully booked, so we decided to give the less prominent BW in the same town a try. Upon arrival we were informed that the BW plus had the king bed we originally wanted after all, score. The hotel was all everyone said it was and more, the room was nice,clean and spacious. The internet worked like a charm, the pool and spa area was pristine and so relaxing. I have to say this is by far the nicest BW we've stayed at so far.If you plan to stay book early because there rep is no secret. I haven't had the breakfast yet but I'm already sold.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gabewatt
I'm glad we had the king room for you afterall!
Moravia, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed here becasue I had best western credit card points and it was a good deal. I'm glad- it was the nicer BW in town. Newly remodeled about 5 years ago. Pool and spa are 24hr access. Like other reviews- we also missed breakfast on Monday morning thinking it would go until 10 am, but it was over at 10am. (weekends go until 10 though) But the breakfast was decent- good waffle maker and a the regualr cereals and bagels. THey also had sausage and bacon one day and biscuits with gravy although hotel biscuits are never like home made. We had a comfy bed and clean room. My only complaint which I addressed for cleanliness was the bed skirt that had stuff on it. Nice cleaning staff- brought us extras when we needed things and informed us that if there are personal belongings on the bed they cannot make it (good to know). Side note- we were close to service door which was annoying in the morning to here clanging around. Front desk staff was very helpful when I wanted to use points to pay, and when our car needed a new wheel bearing our one night turned into 3 which was no problem. Got good recommendatiosn for the brewery in town. Good shampoo and lotion too! Pantene and Vaseline name brands.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the first floor rooms near the service door area. I was 144
2 Thank grimmh101
Arn't Reward Points awesome?!? Thanks for staying with us.
Mishawaka, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

After traveling to the west coast and back we found ourselves staying at this hotel. We were very pleased with the rooms, work-out room and the general feeling of contentment. The only thing we did not like was missing breakfast...it ends at 9:00 am to our surprise. Not everyone wakes up at the crack of dawn folks! Most hotels know this and extend their breakfast hours to 10:00 am for road weary sleepy heads like us.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ccc1055
I'm sorry about you not getting breakfast. Our hours are 6 a.m. to 9 am. on the weekdays and 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. on the weekends.
Newark,Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

On our 3,000 mile trip this was the funnest hotel and went the most out of their way to please their guests. I'd also say these were the friendliest guests in a hotel that we came across. They had a social 2 hours and gave us wine and beer galore, every one met and talked, they had a great pool and hot tub though we didn't have time to use it. Our room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. The hotel was quiet so we got a great night sleep. In the morning they served us a fantastic breakfast, and I must say serve because their workers asked us if we wanted any more before they put things away. We give them a gold star for hospitality!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
What a nice review...thank you!
Flat rock,mi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

On a road trip just stopped in we were able to get a nice room.It was cleaned and updated.The breakfast was very good with hot food.It was close to town.The rooms were quite and clean,Area around hotel was nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family