“Far exceeded my expectations!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
“Far exceeded my expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Econo Lodge last Friday (Feb 21). Normally I like to stay at places like the Wingate or Holiday Inn but there was a high school sports event and all those places were well over $100 a night. Got a rate of $73. What a discovery - this hotel was spotlessly clean, the staff extremely efficient, helpful, and friendly. When we checked in we were put on the second floor. I explained my friend was having a knee replacement and couldn't climb stairs. Not a problem, was switched to the first floor in the blink of an eye. A bigger surprise was the breakfast bar - great coffee, juice, waffles, yougurt, real cream, yogurt, butter, and a nice place to eat. We did notice traffic noise a little bit but the beds were super comfortable and we slept well. Whenever i go to Kearney I will stay at the Econo Lodge. You can't beat the price or the down home comfort, Thanks Econo Lodge!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank max113053
Shannon J, Owner at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to forward your wonderful comments from your recent stay! I also want to thank you for choosing the Econolodge here in Kearney Nebraska as we know there are many wonderful choices here in this community. Our mission is to deliver service and cleanliness in a manner that exudes professionalism and care, along with providing a wonderful lodging experience at a great value. With both constructive and positive comments, I'm very confident our team can deliver on all areas! Since purchasing this hotel in December 2013, I've witnessed the complete and amazing dedication this staff brings to work daily and with that I look forward to you staying with us again as well as more travelers discovering the Econolodge here in Kearney Nebraska. Thank you once again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Grand Marais, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed here for one night as we pasted through the area. Good rest stop, clean, quite, comfrotable beds and adequate breakfast. Property is well maintaind and friendly staff. I would stay here again when I come through the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were passing through the area. Kearney has lots of choices and we appreciate your taking the time to give us a "thumbs up". We look forward to your staying with us again when your coming through the area. - David
Kearney, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

If you are traveling on I-80 through Nebraska and are around exit 272 and thinking about stopping for the night do not dismiss the Econo Lodge on south 2nd as being of lower quality. You will be wrong. The room is clean and fresh. The young lady at the desk was professional, friendly, and helpful. Her smile was certainly welcomed after a long day. Close to the Interstate and anything else you may need. The breakfast was quite sufficient for me and, again, the staff was friendly and eager to help. The WiFi was easy to access and was fast. The room was not huge but for me was large enough to relax and get some work done. And did I mention how clean it was. Don't dismiss this choice because you think that economy means a lower quality. It doesn't here!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Your review is most welcome. You address a common assumption about the cleanliness of economy hotels. Also, when you offer a great product it's easier for the people at the front desk to be friendly and welcoming. This, in a way is a great tip no matter where you are traveling to. Thank you for sharing your observations for others who might be traveling down I-80 near exit 272. - David
Zimmerman, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stopped after driving alone with two dogs on out way to a dog show - After putting in 600 miles I thought it was about time to stop for the evening. I stopped and picked up something quick to eat and parked my vehicle. There were men hanging out next to the door I was told that I could easily access my second floor room. They were smoking and drinking beer, sitting with their suitcases - so I am guessing they were waiting for another person. I took both of my dogs out of the vehicle, and *everything* I needed that I could carry to spend a night in the hotel. When upstairs I decided to move my vehicle outside my room's window so that I would feel "more comfortable" having it in the parking lot. I wasn't the only one who did that. one other person, with bicycles attached to their vehicle did the same thing and parked next to my vehicle. I called my husband to let him know I arrived and what I felt like passing the men next to the door. He said to continue talking to him on the phone, so that no one would "bother me" - so I did. I then went up and prepared my dogs food, and called my mom and another friend worried about me traveling alone. I noticed the dogs jerking around and looking at themselves, and acting a little off, but I figured they had been in the vehicle for many miles with a few stops. I ate my supper then I got up to wash the dogs dishes and dispose of my bag of trash. Thats when I saw a flea on my white dog - on her shoulder - I caught it and picked it off hoping it was a gnat or something, and tried squishing it with my fingers. It jumped off of my fingers and onto the wall in the bathroom. I caught it again and broke it in two with my finger nails. Horrified I went and looked at my dogs - I rolled the other one on her back, (she's also white) - and there were dozens of fleas running between her back legs. I called the front desk and said "This room is full of fleas!!" The young man said there are no fleas in the hotel ma'am - to which I asked him if he wanted to come up to the room and look at my dogs. He was a very nice young man, and he did come up. He told me before he came up that the room had just had the carpets shampooed so there couldn't be fleas. He saw them on my dogs - and then looked down at the dark carpeting as if he was looking for something. I asked him what he was looking for - and he said fleas jumping! I insisted on getting my money back, and he was very kind and apologized and had my money waiting for me when I got down stairs. I asked where a WalMart was and he told me. I bought Pet Armour and flea spray, and Sprayed the heck out of both dogs and the entire room where I ended up staying at another hotel. It took me 2 days to not see fleas on my dogs. This hotel charges a $15.00 pet fee, and I am not sure "what" it is for, as they surely didn't treat the carpet / room with flea killer - I think too, that when they shampooed the carpet, it "woke up" the fleas in the room because they were really tiny. Again the young man was super friendly and apologetic. From what I can remember, other then the fleas - the room was nice enough.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Linda W
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while you were briefly at our hotel. Even though we don't treat our rooms with pesticides after each guest with pets stays in a room, our rooms are inspected and treated regularly by Ecolab. In fact, Ecolab was there on the day you arrived and had performed their routine inspection and treatment, incuding the room you visited. Prior to your visit, seven guests have stayed in the room you visited since the last pet had occupied the room. Special measures are taken to ensure that all areas of a pet occupied room are cleaned. Our housekeepers do take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel, ensuring our guests satisfaction, and after a busy Summer, had recently shampooed and deep cleaned all of the rooms. I'm glad that you found the young man at the desk friendly and helpful. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to clarify our procedures for other travelers thinking about visiting our hotel. Again, I apologize that you were unable to experience our award winning hotel. - David
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We usually stay with Marriott, but decided to try this place since the rate was about half what we would have spent elsewhere. We gave up a pool and exercise room but not much else. The staff were kind and helpful and allowed us to look at rooms first to see how big they were. For $5 more, we chose the queen "suite" which gave us enough room to exercise in the room. The room had a queen bed, small fridge and microwave and table and chairs, but no sofa or comfy chair. Very clean and adequate. Never enough outlets (we find that to be true in lots of hotels these days). Cold breakfast except waffles and instant oatmeal (but no nuts and extras). We had a very convenient room (considering there is no luggage cart or automatic doors) but if you are sensitive to noise, don't rent room 101...the walls are pretty thin and you have stairs and the lobby very close. It wasn't a problem for us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Wow, it isn't everyday that we are able to impress someone who is used to staying at Marriott hotels. Your description is very accurate and we appreciate the opportunity to have provided you with accommodations at a good value. Thank you for taking the time to post your experience for other travelers. - David
Whitehall, Mt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Just re-done by the looks of everything, key card system works well, the Wi-Fi system works well and is FAST... Rooms are not large..but, are big enough for a nights sleep and are CLEAN, clean, clean...which counts for a lot.
There were some construction workers/crew staying while we are here - they can get a wee bit noisy. Shouldn't be considered a negative - they were from out of state.

Room Tip: Stay in #223 in the back - quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you. I like the reference of "Diamond in the rough" You gave a great description of the basics that travelers are looking for and that we are able to offer. Also, I know that I and my staff really appreciate hearing a good word and recommendation from our guests. Sorry about the disturbance from the construction workers. Thank you for your graciousness. - David
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice clean newly re-furbished room. Manager instantly fixed a problem with the coffee maker. Recommended stay. New air conditioner was quieter than most. Parking was close to the room. Several restaurants nearby. Location is just a few blocks from the interstate but road noise was not a problem.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for letting me fix the situation with the coffee maker. We really do appreciate accommodating our guests and providing them with not only a great experience, but also a great value. I think this is the first time that a guest has shared their experience when we were able to correct a situation. Thanks for staying with us. - David