“great value for a short stay”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Crown Point, Indiana
“great value for a short stay”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel was a great value if you just want a basic room for a day or so. Definitely no frills. The room was clean, plenty of hot water and they accepted my two pets without a hassle. The breakfast is very carb heavy with no protein options, but McDonald's is right next door and a Perkins Pancake House is just a short walk down the street. In all I found this to be a very pleasant experience and would have checked back in on my return trip, but they had no vacancies.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for both staying with us and sharing your experience of a great value. The staff at our hotel works hard at maintaining a clean, pleasant environment for our guests. Our location next to several restaurants does provide our guests with a variety of meal options. Hopefully by the next time you visit we will have worked on some of the "frills". - David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Stayed here overnight on our trip to the Black Hills.Super clean hotel, with everything kept neat and tidy. We were impressed by the breakfast, there was someone on staff constantly cleaning up the area, making sure there were adequate supplies on hand and answering questions on how to operate the waffle machine.
We had a room on the second floor to the back of the building and did not hear nay noise from street, parking lot, or the neighbors!

Room Tip: Just a short distance from Econo Lodge is a very good Perkin's restaurant!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for staying with us on your road trip to the Black Hills. I know my staff works hard to make every guest feel welcome. We appreciated the opportunity to serve you and thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with fellow travelers. - David
Phillipsburg, Kansas, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My daughter, her fiance and myself recently stayed in your place. The room was clean.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
"Clean" - That is something that we hear quite often and I'm glad that I've had the opportunity to work with some great individuals that take pride in maintaining our guest rooms. Thanks for taking the time to put it in writing.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed December 20, 2011

We booked this hotel even though we usually try to stay at a slightly higher star rating after reading other fantastic reviews on tripadvisor for this hotel.

I'd say all of the previous reviews were accurate and overall I don't think you can beat the value for the dollar. We got a small but well cared for and clean room. The bed was very comfortable however if you like your bed on the firmer side you may have an issue with the bed.

Our only issue was with the wall mounted heating unit in the room. We left the unit set at the preset value the hotel recommends and found the heater would come on roughly every five minutes. The unit would then stay on for between 15-40 seconds before shutting off again. I assumed there must be a problem with the unit as this cycle really isn't even long enough for it to start blowing warm air.

I approached the very pleasant staff member and after a brief discussion I went back and tried a few different settings but was unable to get the unit to function in what I felt was a normal manner. He moved us into another room and we found that unit to function exactly the same way. Needless to say we didn't have much of a restful night sleep when the heating unit cycled on every 4-5 minutes even if it only ran for 20 seconds. I mentioned this to the staff member at check out thinking that perhaps they may discount the stay or something but her only suggestion was perhaps we could try them again in the summertime when we wouldn't need the heat.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Doug E
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with fellow travelers. I apologize for your experience with the wall heaters. Yes, during extremely cold weather these units have given us grief. I have talked with the company that installed them and have not been able to get any resolution to this issue. I visited with another hotelier who had a similar issue and has suggested a remote thermostat might solve the issue. I'm sorry that my staff didn't make it right with you regarding your frustrations.
Thank you for validating the accuracy of other reviews and the rest of your stay, great value, clean room, comfortable bed.
Again, thanks for your honest review and I would hope that if you're through this part of the country again you would give me a chance to make it right with you.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Called every hotel in town at 2:00 am from my smart phone. Not only did Econo Lodge have the lowest rate, they had the friendliest staff. When we got there, we were pleased to find that it was also very conveniently located, and very nice. They had a nice continental breakfast with waffles, and a great selection of teas. The lady at the desk was very pleasant, even though it was after 3am when we got there. The bed was the best we had in a while, and we slept very well. The room was nice and clean. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
It is great to hear that we were able to provide you with a great stay, even at 2 in the morning. I really do try to hire people with a great attitude and it's encouraging to hear back that they are taking care of our guests. Thank you for your recommendation.
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Close to I80 but we didn't hear the road noise. Recently remodeled, so clean, with fast free internet. Free breakfast, nonsmoking, and dog friendly.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1KearneyHotel, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
Your heading could be used as our mission statement. We hope to provide our guests with a clean room at a great value. Thank you for sharing your experience with fellow travelers.