“Newly renovated good hotel to stay with family or friends”

Lotus Desaru Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bandar Penawar
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Nice spacious hotel. Multiple buildings - newly renovated. Room rates vary as per festive seasons. Food was good at the restaurant. Sea side restaurant adds to the fun. The rooms are excellent with a big spacious sitting room with stairs taking you to the first floor to your bed room. Attaching snaps here for you to see. Hotel arranged for sight seeing at nominal costs.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Lotus Desaru Beach Resort

Reviewed January 2, 2011

Paid MYR698 for 2 nights for a 1 Bed Apartment Double Room. Not sure if there's room service cuz didn't see the menu and didn't checked either. But was really dissapointed with the housekeeping.

When I wanna go out at about 12pm I did call them to clean the room but when I came back the room wasn't cleaned. Called them again before going to the water park at about 3pm but when I came back at 6pm nothing was done. Called again and they eventually came at 6.15pm, 3 of them. By then I was freezing waiting for a clean towel. After cleaning I discovered that they didn't provide with the 2 floor mat that we provided earlier.

Rooms should be carpeted as the floor didn't feel so clean. Toilets look old.
Balcony shd be provided with table and chairs.

1  Thank zurenee
Reviewed January 2, 2011

This is my second trip to Lotus and I have to say that things are getting bad. The place and facilities I have to admit is the reason I came back the second time but new rules which they imposed on guess is getting ridiculous. Charging for pool, internet etc usage is not the way to go since these are basic things you can use for free in most resorts. The staff sucks big time! They need to be trained in customer service. A lobby front desk don't even bother to greet and smile at you. Take your cards with his left hand and pass you over to another staff without even explaining the reason clearly. The pool attendants got a serious attitude problem. They think they are Bay Watch life guards. Breakfast was nothing to shout about. For the price they charge, it was pathetic, literally.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank alanisenja
Reviewed December 30, 2010

I reached Lotus Desaru Beach Resort on Sunday morning (~10am) without earlier booking (trying my luck). I went to to reception and ask if there is any vacancy for family suite (Me, wife and two young children). I was met with friendly staff plus the front desk Manager. There is a vacancy for my family and we were given to check in immediately in that early morning. My hotel room (2 rooms with each 1 double bed and 2 single bed) has perfect location overlooking the WaterPark. My daughter really enjoyed palying in the WaterPark. After breakfast, we walked and relax by the beach. Good trip for me and family.

Reviewed December 27, 2010

Nice resort with helpful staff. We had one waiter called Efren who went out of his way to make sure that our big group of 15 with young children were well taken care of at meal time. Will return again

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed December 23, 2010

I remember when this hotel used to be called the Desaru Impian , it was run-down and shoddy..Was really excited to see the water theme park,conveniently located at the foot of our hotel! the receptionist was considerate enough to allow us to check in early (1130am) considering I was with small kids and elderly.. he even allowed us to change to another room nearer to the kids' pool (blocks B& F)..the rooms were clean, beds adequately sized, toilets were clean.. but the water pressure in the bathrooms were very weak, especially in the sink faucets..the water in the kids' pool should be cleaned regularly, there were dead insects floating on some sections of the pool!! the lifeguards were not friendly, but they were very astute to check out guests who didnt have the mandatory wrist-band! The food provided for brekfast & dinner was good spread,esp dinner..and they waived off charges for my 3yr old son.The waiters/waitresses were very efficient & friendly, always smiling..And the beach was so much cleaner compared to 10yrs ago,.good job having a cafe on the beach, and providing more benches for patrons to use.On the whole I think its a trip worth having,good value for money esp if you have young kids..

Reviewed December 22, 2010

Was supposed to check in at 1.00pm , 3 families and 7 children.
At 1.30pm, when we were near the resort, called to say that check-in is 3pm.

Hang around aimlessly till 3pm. Check in counter was not too full but after a good 30 minutes, told that rooms not ready and that we have to do all administrative check-in including verifying my credit card. Told to go to the water park but with children and luggages in car, we hang around and waited.

At 6.00pm, there was still no calls and we went to the reception and the lady reception told me non-chalantly that room was ready long ago. Again, after a lengthy wait, including asking my friend to check-in again, having earlier being informed that I can do for so for both of us, and we waited. Managed to get a room around 6.30pm. When asked for later check out, standard reply that "subject to availability". The room was wet when we checked in, obviously just mopped. Super sloppy service.

We looked around at it being a Monday, resort was rather empty.

The 2nd floor restaurant was empty and we were the only crowd there. Menu was so bad and expensive and we paid RM200 for 4 plates of fried rice and black noodles.

The next day, we were allowed to check out at 6pm, but not without having to remind them. At 5.15pm, we checked out and after waiting 30minutes, the staff finally told us that we should not have paid at check-in. I told them I did not and had informed them but staff assured me there was no deduction of RM1,400. They frantically called the bank at 5.45pm and after waiting till 6.15pm, I told them they can just return me in cash. I was told this is against their procedures.

Procedure of making you check-in really late and then at check-out, make you wait and make it sound like it is your fault. The children were hungry and tired and at 6.30pm, I managed to speak to a very patient Duty Manager and told that they can only deduct my balance of payment a few days later as they cant contact the bank and will do so by the next day. I was terribly upset but was eager to leave the sickening reception area in which I must have spent 2-3 hours in the 24 hours there . In total, we spent about 8 hours waiting and I was reluctant to pay the RM765. I would have gladly paid twice the sum if the service was good but I am now reluctant to do so.

The internet connection that we paid at RM15 couldn't be connected most of the time and when it does, speed crawled.

I rated one item highly, and that is the sleep quality because we were so tired, we just knocked out in the rooms.

After 48 hours, the problem was not resolved and my funds are still not returned and my request to waive the room charge because it has not only ruined 3 families' holidays, in total we wasted 8 x 13 hours = 13 working days!

My email to them was met with the standard, we will give you better rates next time. This has prompted me to write this and I hope someone can let me know what recourse I can to take this further so that no other people suffer the same sloppy service.

3  Thank CalvinOng1982
Lakeview Terrace Resort
Lakeview Terrace Resort
#1 of 1 in Pengerang
Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality

Been to Lotus Desaru Beach Resort? Share your experiences!