“Stunning”
Review of Stoneridge Estate

Stoneridge Estate
Ranked #1 of 2 Lake Hayes B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My partner Alex and I were married at Stoneridge. It was an amazing day that could not have been possible without the fantastic staff! Suzanne is an angel and made planning our day a breeze. Everyone was very accommodating to our needs. We stayed at the cottage for 3 nights and words cannot describe how much we enjoyed it! The views are to die for and so is the daily breakfast prepared fresh by Diego! The saddest part was leaving :( we will be back. Thanks Suzanne, Wayne and Diego!!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank 1986_A

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Having stayed in many settings around the world, my stay at Stoneridge will be by far one of my favourites! On being collected at the airport by the owner, a quick tour on the way to show me where the walking trail was etc, I was taken to Stoneridge. I can say (to anyone who will listen) the level of service is outstanding! The rooms are wonderfully appointed and my room boasted one of the most stunning views that I have ever had. Overlooking Lake Hayes the views and colours were ever changing, it is all quite breathtaking.
I was staying while attending my two beautiful friends wedding the next day, the staff could not be more accommodating, while not being intruding, checking on my well being thoughtout my stay.
My experience on the day and evening of the wedding was wonderful, amazing service, friendly smiles and nothing was too much trouble. (Congratulations to Diego and his team).
I will return to Stoneridge in the near future and would recommend sipping the Pinot Noir while sitting in this remarkable setting.

Room Tip: From what I experienced, all the rooms are of equal value.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had our wedding reception at Stoneridge on February 9th, 2013. I couldn't be happier with how it went, it was all just perfect. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful, with amazing views across Lake Hayes. Many of our guests commented to me that it was one of the most gorgeous wedding venues they'd ever seen. The food was just wonderful, every course was delicious and the service was highly professional. All dishes for a single table were brought out simultaneously, and everything seemed very organized. Suzanne was wonderful to work with and everything was just how we had wanted it. I couldn't recommend it any more highly!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vcmartin
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Our wedding ceremony and reception was held at Stoneridge Estate on 1st Feb 2013. We live in Brisbane and selected the location online.
Stoneridge Estate and Lake Hayes proved to be the most amazing setting for a wedding! The chapel, gardens & reception venue has to be seen to be believed. The outlook over Lake Hayes and Coronet Peak is breathtaking and provides the perfect backdrop for both the ceremony and reception.
Thank you to Wayne, Suzanne and the staff at Stoneridge for organising a faultless wedding. We planned the wedding with Suzanne over email and could not be happier.
The meals were superb and we received many positive reviews from our guests. The staff were very professional as were the service providers used by Stoneridge and booked by Suzanne (celebrant, photographer, hair and makeup artists, limousine, band, florist etc).
Finally, we highly recommend booking the cottage accommodation for the day of the wedding. Not only was it an incredible place to stay, it was also the ideal location for the bride & bridesmaids to prepare while also providing ‘piece of mind’ knowing that the reception venue and ceremony had all been setup as we had imagined. It just meant a little less stress on the day of the wedding!
Queenstown is the ideal town to book an international wedding and Stoneridge Estate is the place to host the perfect Queenstown wedding!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Scott D
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stoneridge has to be one of the worlds best kept secrets! Queenstown is such a beautiful place, the perfect place for a wedding.

Suzanne helped us plan our wedding and she was so easy to deal with, she really made it easy for me when I am really hopeless with organization.

Everything was stunning from the flowers and the cake, to the canapés the bridal party got to enjoy under the shade and a tree on the very hot day.

Although we had a miscommunication on the day, Wayne handled it with curtsy and professionalism, and it in no way impacted on our perfect wedding in paradise.
All the guests were (and are still,) gushing to us about the food, the service and the hospitality and certainly not least of all the stunning beauty of the place.

Not only natural beauty, but the actual architecture of the place was beautiful. Normally the medieval look is not for me, but honestly Stoneridge is uniquely beautiful, it all just works.
The garden is stunning, the views are amazing, the grounds are exquisite.

The only down side is it doesn’t matter how good your videographer/photographer is you really cant capture that kind of beauty in an image. You just cant. Pictures don’t do it justice.

Thank you Wayne Suzanne and Diego for giving us this experience. Honestly. Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ashli E
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We live in Brisbane and chose the place online based on reviews and photos. We were a bit concerned by choosing to get married in a place we hadn't even seen before but in the end everything turned out perfect. The venue is simply spectacular, I don't think you could ask for a better place to get married. The organisation was smooth even from overseas thanks to Suzanne who was friendly and quick. The food was excellent and the venue for the dinner is outstanding, simply beautiful. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.
I couldn't think of a better place to get married.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jacopo S
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We had our ceremony on the 12/12/12 and wish to thank the Stoneridge Team for making our special day perfect! Living in Sydney we picked the venue from photos and reviews. Preparations had begun 11 months prior due to the popular date. Suzanne is fantastic! From day 1, prompt friendly replies, and good suggestions. She didn't give us any bad advice. All prices are provided up front with no hidden fees.
The gardens are a perfect venue for a ceremony, the wedding co-ordinator Sue was great and well worth the money. Organised knowlegeable with lots of helpful hints. Whilst we went off for photos, guests enjoyed the beautiful surrounds with champagne and delicious canapes. The Hayes room is amazing and looked fantastic upon our arrival. Everyone commented on how great the food was. We chose the 6 course degustation...YUM!! Could not fault the staff or food. Diego the on-site manager is a Gem and was always friendly and obliging. Exhausted the whole wedding party retired to the accommodation on the estate. Waking to the view of Lake Hayes in the morning is amazing. Breakfast as we had come to expect was delicious.
Stoneridge is a quality establishment providing excellent service and food. Well worth the money for your special day. The only place to get married in Queenstown!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Villa del Lago
Villa del Lago
#4 of 59 in Queenstown
Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu Queenstown

Been to Stoneridge Estate? Share your experiences!