“Lovely quiet place to stay”
other travelers have booked this property
Dining Area
Bedroom One
Bedroom Two
Bedroom Three
Rear with barbecue area
Patio area with storage shed
Sea view from the park
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
boggissim...
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Lovely quiet place to stay”
Reviewed August 10, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We were delighted with our stay at Kingsdown, it was a quiet and well-maintained facility with plenty to do on-site and in the nearby area. We enjoyed the swimming pool, tennis and crazy golf, and walked to the beach and nearby pubs as well as eating in the chalet.

The chalet was well equipped and although the shower was a bit puny we didn't have any problems with the accommodation. Shame that there was no wifi in the chalet although mobile network connection is fine so we could stay connected.

There are lots of things to do in the nearby area; we visited castles and beaches, a couple of small museums and the Wingham Wildlife Park, as well as exploring the towns and villages nearby.

Debs t
Dublin, Ireland
“Great stay....thank you!”
Reviewed July 26, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Stayed here for 3 nights visiting family near by and had a lovely relaxing time! The chalet is in a great spot on the edge of the park, so nice and quiet. Very clean and comfortable. Nice size with 2 upstairs double rooms and bunk beds downstairs, decent living room and all you need in the kitchen. The park is in an excellent spot, 5 minute walk to a lovely pebble beach where there is 'The Zetland Arms' pub which looks out to sea serving great food. There are 2 more pubs serving food in walking distance too. On site there's an indoor heated pool which was great to take our son to for a morning swim. Playground, tennis courts, arcade and onsite bar. 110 backs onto woodland and was wonderful to see the visiting badgers in the evening. We'd never seen one up close, so was an added bonus to our holiday! As we was out for most of the day, I think we only had to put £2 in the electricity meter, so was economical. You have to take own bedding and towels and as we discovered, tea towel too! This wasn't a problem and beds had mattress and pillow protectors on. I would recommend staying here and will definitely be back again. Owner was a pleasure to deal with when booking and for any questions.....thanks! The only thing I would change here is the shower head

Stu-Tam-2...
Kent, United Kingdom
“Perfect little break away from it all.”
Reviewed June 3, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Really helpful owner. Went away with the family for the bank holiday weekend. Clean spacious park and chalet well presented. A few minor things like shower head needs replacing and onsite restaurant closed but this did not detract from the stay at all. Walked to Deal and had a lovely meal there, short drive to Wingham wildlife park and brosdstairs. Great location and found electricity meter easy to use and got good value for the pound coin, just as the owner had stated!

Martina F
London, United Kingdom
“A big inconvenience”
Reviewed January 25, 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

During my stay, I found the owner very helpful. I called/texted him on two occasions and he had no issue replying almost immediately. Even beforehand I asked lots of questions which he answered promptly. There were, however, a number of issues:

The electricity meter was hard to operate which was one of the reasons as to why we called the owner, so he explained what the issue was. After having it explained it was simple to work however I feel as though I should have received instructions beforehand to make things easier. This also applies to the shower too which was a bit confusing however after playing around with it for a while we got the hang of it. The only other complaint is also about the electricity meter: it ran out after 2 hours max; this would probably not be an as big inconvenience in the summer but me and my friends used around £10 in 3 days - we weren’t even given a the starting £1 coin that should have been in there to start with.

A bigger issue for me would be the hygiene: there was limescale in the kettle and some in the shower. A bigger concern for me was the oven where I found food lying on the bottom, probably left over from a previous stay (who knows how long ago) and which I burned as I hadn’t noticed when I’d initially switched on the oven.

Though toilet paper was provided - two half-rolls that were already both used - it was not enough for the 8 people staying at the chalet. The owner should have thought it through and provided more. Furthermore - though this isn’t generally a necessity but merely a curtesy - there wasn’t any soap in the bathroom and we weren’t informed to bring our own.

No rubbish bags were provided so we had to supply our own which was a big inconvenience on the first day as we weren’t warned and so had to improvise by using plastic shopping bags; you can imagine how annoying that was. Moreover, we weren’t informed on when the rubbish was collected or where to put it. By this point, we realised we’d have to figure out a lot of things on our own.

There were also some amenities said to be provided on the the page which simply weren’t: there was no wifi from the chalet itself and there was no hairdryer. If it weren’t for me luckily messaging the owner beforehand asking about the hairdryer, I wouldn’t have known to bring one. Some mugs were broken as well however this wasn’t a massive issue.

Lastly, the morning after we arrived I got a text warning me that the cleaner would come into the chalet to assess the hoover for ‘check up repair’. This really should have been organised before we came to stay as there were 8 of us staying in the chalet, therefore it undoubtedly got dirty quite quickly and we couldn’t even fix as we had no hoover!

Overall, the stay was unorganised on the owner’s behalf and caused a lot of inconveniences. The chalet itself is beautiful but a lot more needs to be done to ensure a completely pleasant stay.

Your age range 18-24
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
cgblake
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Nice place for a short stay”
Reviewed October 4, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We found this holiday chalet ideal for our short break. On arrival the place was clean and tidy, some of the kitchen pots and pans had seen better days but we're perfectly functional. The location is very quiet and peaceful but was very handy to both Deal and Dover. We would certainly use this property again. There were just a couple of things on the downside one was the shower was blocked with scale as the water in this area is hard water,,so we had to soak it also the floor in the bathroom was very weak and dipped as you step out of the bath,and to get our luggage to the chalet we had to use trolleys as there was no access to vehicles on the site, but ample parking was provided.

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 65+
Natasha C
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Lovely break”
Reviewed March 12, 2016 for a stay in June 2015

Having visited Kingsdown Holiday Park before, I was curious about the quality of this property. On this occasion I went with a friend and her children. In all there were 2 adults and 6 children and the property was spacious enough for us. I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the accommodation. It's location on the park suited us very well. The kids had a blast and enjoyed all the facilities (swimming, tennis, crazy golf, etc.) and including the retro sweet shop in the post office around the corner. It was a great experience, and a brilliant way to spend quality time with family and friends away from the normal demands of life. The beach was just a stone throw away. All in all it was a very positive and memorable experience and we will certainly use this property again.

Traveling group: Other
Kathryn W
London
“Never received my deposit!! Avoid.”
Reviewed January 17, 2016 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

This chalet was fine but the pool was closed which we weren't advised of. I have also not been refunded my £100 deposit. I also paid for 3 nights but the cleaner came on the 2nd day and told us we should have checked out. We were happy to leave early. I'm very disappointed that the owner Henry has not replied to any of my mails. I will never stay in this lodge again and I will be going direct to kingsdown to complain.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing