“Error”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Holdrege, Nebraska
“Error”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

The Flippin Sweet is no longer in Holdrege!!! They moved to Kearney at least3 years ago. When they were in Holdrege, we did frequent it often & it was wonderfully good. However, you couldn't be in a hurry because they were sooooooo slow. Well worth the wait & one shouldn't be in a hurry to partake of your food.

• Visited February 2013

“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Had great pizza at the old location on Thanksgiving wknd. Just visited the new location this weekend and ordered the same exact pizza -- this time not so great at all. Weird vibe in the place too. Not sure if it wants to be a full serve restaurant or order at counter pizzeria. Need to figure it out.

Kearney, Nebraska
“It's good...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

But you really need to know going in that they make things fresh so you are expected to wait for them to get things done and ready for you. The only things that I believe they have already prepared are the lunch/dinner specials unless they are a pasta, otherwise, I believe that they have the special calzones and pizzas already prepared because I know you can't get them substituted or changed most of the time. The only issue my husband I and ever had there was when we had ordered the special, then told they were out. So, we waited for them to get new calzones made and got some salad on the house.

Then, when they finally did bring out the calzones, they had made it the wrong way. My husband, who is normally not picky at all, gets slightly sick at the texture that chicken gets when it is baked onto a pizza or this case, into a calzone, therefore he had ordered the other special. At that point, he had to ask the waitress to take it back, which she did, but she seemed really irked by it. We had gone expecting to have a nice, maybe hour to hour and a half lunch only for it to turn into an almost 3 hour ordeal. Though the staff did fix everyone of our problems and did the best that they could, we weren't offered any real compensation for the messed up order or the wait as, now that I am thinking of it, the salad was included with the meal already. The worst part was is that I had to rush off to work, therefore my husband didn't get to really enjoy his meal. We both have worked food service and understand that this does happen sometimes, but we couldn't believe that nothing was offered to us while we waited.

I know they have currently been through a massive staffing change, including a new front of house manager and therefore, I don't know how the service has been as we haven't been back since our last visit. The food is good however and I love that it is something that isn't boring and the same old same old like we usually see here in Kearney. They really do need to work on getting a liquor license and they would be a much better place to eat. We also enjoy that if we go, we get a Calzone and we have left overs for about a week, which is nice when you're living on a tight budget.

• Visited December 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Surprising place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We were in Kearney for a wedding in a neighboring town & found this place using a smartphone search. We were shocked by how awesome it is - from decor to menu items, it was really sophisticated. The pizzas are enormous - don't be fooled by the 10" 'za being the described "personal" size. It was delicious & we had enough for the next day with our next-size-up 16".

The reason I didn't give 5 stars are the hours (very limited), the alcohol (they don't serve it) and our hostess (sour as could be). It should be noted that our waitress was extremely good. I have family in Kearney (and used to live there myself) and I look forward to eating here on my next visit.

Visited September 2013
Kearney, NE
“Oh my goodness - SO GOOD!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended to me by a few people so I gave it a shot. Great decor, great pizza - absolutely will return! (I would love to see alcohol served here. I would have spent a lot more money here because of the food and the fun atmosphere.) Love the food!!

• Visited September 2013