“Consistently good”

Ranked #32 of 66 Restaurants in Hastings
Hastings, Nebraska
“Consistently good”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We have eaten here several times. The service has always been good and the good plentiful and tasty. We enjoy the decor, as well. Our servers have amiably humored my attempts at speaking Spanish with them, as well. ;0)
They have one offering that is served in a very heavy, heated stone (basalt?) bowl. Unique in our area. As is the grilled Mexican cheese and nopales (cactus pads. .. minus the spines) that are part of the dish. Interesting and tasty!
The enclosed booths provide a bit of "romantic" privacy.

• Visited January 2014

Scottsbluff, Nebraska
“Too authentic?”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Let me start off by saying that I LOVED the building and I had a fantastic, FUNNY waiter. omG, he cracked me up!! Well, I was tired. So tired that I couldn't even read the menu. So I told him to bring me his favorite, which turned out to be a beef chimichanga. I think it WOULD have been delicious, except for the meat. Now, I'm not a big meat-eater, anyway, so this is probably not a fair review; if I'd taken the time and EFFORT (!!) to read the menu, I probably would have gone for a veggie option. The beef was just not served the way I'm used to. It was cut up into tiny pieces... I don't know, it was just weird to me. I did love that they had a salsa bar. The pico del gallo? De-lish. I would DEFINITELY go back and give it another try.

• Visited March 2014