“Average for ME”
Review of Rainbow Motel

Rainbow Motel
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Hastings
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Let me preface this review by telling you two things about myself - I avoid chains at all costs (restaurants, motels, whatever), and I HATE to pay more than $50 for a hotel room! I'm SLEEPING. I usually check in late and check out early! I don't care about breakfast buffets because I want to check out a local restaurant! (I also think this stems from early traveling with my brother. He and I would stay at the CHEAPEST places possible, both trying to make the other cry 'uncle', I think.) But I digress. Before I checked in, I asked the man behind the desk if it was clean and safe. "Oh" he answered, "very very clean, very very safe". Hmm. Methinks he doth protest too much. THEN I asked how much? $45 if credit card, $40 if cash! Well, shoot! I had $40! So I checked in. The one HUGE bonus of the Rainbow Motel was that they still use REAL KEYS. Y'all, I LOVE REAL KEYS!!! I always have problems with key cards! The room was fine. The bed was fine. Patterned, old sheets, like at your grandmas. A plastic mattress covering that caused me to slide a little more than usual when changing positions. Quiet. It was all fine...EXCEPT FOR THE SHOWER!!! Seriously - MAYBE 2 minutes of lukewarm water, and then nothing but ice cold. I had to use the hair dryer all over to warm up afterwards! I am a morning shower person, so maybe there's more hot water at night?? Anyway, for me, it was fine.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Bridget B
There are newer reviews for Rainbow Motel

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Woke up the next day with tons of bug bites. Two other people in the room next to ours had bed bug bites. The Room had holes and dents in the walls. The carpet was really dirty. Pretty gross overall.

Do not stay here. This is one of the top 5 worst places I've ever stayed.

Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank chornick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Hastings Express Inn
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 10 in Hastings
Best Western Plus Grand Island Inn & Suites

Been to Rainbow Motel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rainbow Motel

Address: 1000 W J St, Hastings, NE 68901-6811
Location: United States > Nebraska > Hastings
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly )
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Hastings
Price Range: $39 - $45 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Rainbow Motel 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Rainbow Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.