“Wonderful staff”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ospringe
Essex
“Wonderful staff”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I booked this hotel for several members of my family and friends as it was close to Faversham where my daughter was getting married. Some of our party stayed two nights and some just the night of the wedding. Our reception was good, we were shown to our room and were given all the information that we needed. Even though my relatives arrived before checking in time on the Saturday they were given their rooms as they had been serviced and were ready. The staff couldn't have been more helpful; we were given glasses to have a celebratory drink before departing for the wedding, my husband was helped with his cravat and my corsage was pinned for me. Staff also turned my daughter's chaotic room into a beautiful tidy one and had sprinkled the rose petals I had given them on the bed and on the floor, magical!! The breakfast was superb and I would definitely try their evening meal if I stayed again. All in all a great place to stay, beautiful surroundings, very quiet and fantastic staff; what more could you want. Just want to add, even though Judds Folly had a wedding taking place at the hotel that day they helped us in every way they were able to with our preparations.

Room Tip: I would book at least a superior room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Carlton in Lindrick, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed here for two nights. Our receptionist was friendly and efficient. The room faced the car park and was near the hotel entrance but there was no excess noise and we weren't disturbed by the large birthday party on our second night. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is on the outskirts of Faversham.

We ate in the restaurant on both nights. Food was very good and reasonably priced. Service was excellent. Breakfast was very good with a wide choice of cooked food from the menu.

I'd recommend a trip to Whitstable if you fancy an interesting seaside town.

We'd certainly stay here again. It would be a good stop-off point on the journey to or from the Channel tunnel.

Room Tip: Rooms near reception have access to WiFi.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ian A
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had one night at the Judd Folly hotel and on arrival we was greeted and checked in and shown to our room by a lovely young lady.
The location is wonderful and we had a walk around the countryside exploring the local town. Sheppard name beer is out of the world my husband commented!
Food was wonderful and a huge selection of drinks was available at Judds folly
The only grumble came later in the evening when we decided to dine in the Winter room restaurant, we was seated and asked for drinks by a young lady who overall looked after us well.
We didn't not appreciate hearing the same ladies talking next to the restaurant about their love life's and unfortunately we did hear the occasional swear word not very nice as we was trying to enjoy a lovely mean!
The restaurant was quite busy and there was also a birthday party or function in the room, but again over heard the two Waitresses comment "come on soon as these lot have gone we can set up and go home"
Just nick picking I know but it leaves a stain in your memory of a lovely trip with my husband.

Next morning the breakfast was HUGE!! great value for money here we did not eat again until we reached home later that evening!

Will return again to judds folly hotel later in the year but maybe we will eat in the great local town of Faversham!

Room Tip: All Good as far as we can see!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason W, Owner at Judd's Folly Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Thank you for your review, I am really pleased to see that overall with your stay at the hotel. I have tried to make contact with you regarding when you stayed at the hotel so as I can investigate your comments on the staff on the evening but I have had no response. It is very unusual to get negative comments on staff as this is something we pride ourselves on at the hotel. However if they caused any offence I sincerely apologise for this. Staff have been made aware of your comments and training has taken place again. Jason wolverson
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was our second visit to Judd's Folly - the last time we were there was December 2013 - and it just gets better. Our room (11) was in the mews round the back. It was tastefully decorated and furnished with the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. If I'm going to be picky, there were a couple of minor infelicities; dust on the top of the headboard and the bathroom light; no mirror for shaving near the basin , just a wall-mounted mirror five feet away above my right shoulder, plus an impressive, if slightly concerning, collection of mould on the bathroom ceiling and on the shower tray sealant - which of course wouldn't be an issue if guests had the nouse to ventilate the room after showering by opening the window for a short while, but there's nowt so queer as folk! However, Jason and his lovely staff (and his mum!) are getting it right. And they are investing in the hotel too, which is great to see. If you want to stay in a bland, identikit chain hotel on the side of a dual carriageway, then Judd's Folly isn't for you. But if you appreciate charm, quirkiness, great customer service and a fabulous parkland location (plus a cooked breakfast to end all breakfasts!) then book this hotel now. You won't regret it. See you in December.

4 Thank NeilMH
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Just been for our second stay to the Judd's Folly Hotel. Again another brilliant stay with friendly, helpful staff, good food and lovely surroundings.
It was over a year since we last visited but the staff remembered us which was lovely. Stayed in a super twin bedded room with a balcony outside which looked onto the driveway, ideal for those who still like a cigarette.
Although last time we stayed apologies were made for improvements that were being done this did not hamper our stay. On this visit we could see the improvements had come to fruition with extra rooms, and a lovely decking area outside the bar area. Well done Jason and your lovely staff for such a memorable stay and we will be sure to come again.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stayed 2 nights in twin single storey facing driveway. Room was adequate and value for money. Very quiet. Breakfast very good but no porridge on second day. Bar food very good. WiFi in bar only, and only worked on first night. Just the above little nitpicks for the benefit of owners, as I wasn't really inconvenienced. ( Without Internet for a day, and I'm still alive !! ).

Anyway, would I stay again ? Absolutely. Gorgeous setting and base. Faversham is a smashing town. Jason & staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. The morning we left, the staff were all sitting together for their breakfast, after serving everyone else. I think that says quite a lot.

Thanks for the hospitality, Judds, will definitely return if in the area again, and strongly recommend to others visiting the area.

hailsham, east sussex, UK
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Just back from our first visit to Judd's Folly Hotel. Lovely drive off the main road to a rather strange looking hotel, set in beautiful countryside. Looks can be decieving because once inside we instantly felt as though we were in a beautiful country house hotel - cosy, comfortable and spotlessly clean. Friendly, efficient check in and then we were shown to our room. Wow - for a 3* hotel our room was beautiful. We were on the first floor and the room (33) was spacious, light and quiet with far-fetching views. THE most comfortable, king-size bed, and beautiful soft-furnishings. The bathroom was ample for our needs with a shower, but no bath. We were left complimentary chocolates, wine and sparkling water. We ate in the hotel restaurant in the evening, and can thoroughly recommend the food and overall experience. Compliments to the chef! The waiting staff were lovely - friendly, hard-working and eager to please. Price-wise the food and wine were very reasonable. No more expensive than popping down the local pub, but so much nicer! Breakfast too couldn't be faulted. I feel as though the staff at this hotel go the extra mile to make customers feel welcomed, relaxed and special. A good base for visiting Faversham and Whitstable. A super weekend!

Room Tip: No lift and stairs quite narrow and steep. We had a corner room with double aspect windows. Worth...
1 Thank Sue006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ospringe
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
#2 of 10 in Folkestone
Eastwell Manor
Eastwell Manor
#1 of 1 in Boughton Lees

Been to Judd's Folly Hotel? Share your experiences!