TripAdvisor
West Firle
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews sunday lunch roll top bath great pub view room pork belly young staff pudding sussex village south downs roaring fire firle place beacon bloomsbury roast pint pubs glyndebourne
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2019

I spent two nights at the Ram Inn, ahead of my best friend's wedding at nearby Firle Place. The village church and wedding venue are at most a five minute walk from the pub, so the Ram is the perfect place to stay for anyone visiting for such an event.

My room was incredibly comfortable, with a charming view out onto the country lane and the horse-and-buggy combos that occasionally rode past! Most of the other rooms were also booked by people down for the wedding, all of whom enjoyed their stay.

Dinner was fantastic and the cooked breakfast was just the thing the morning after the wedding! The staff went out of their way to be helpful - I'd been unable to print something needed as a prop for my best man's speech and asked if the pub happened to have a printer; five minutes later I was handed two colour copies, in a folder to prevent the groom from seeing the contents, all free of charge.

The day after the wedding, many of the guests came to the pub for lunch and enjoyed the sunshine in the outdoor section. All in all, the Ram played an important part in making it a very special weekend, thank you to the whole team there!

Reviewed September 10, 2019

Went here for lunch but changed our minds , was a bit pricey especially the wine , the young barman lacked social skills and certainly cleaning skills , the bar was sticky and was attracting flies , the ladies toilets had wee on the toilet seat and my colleague said the men's toilets were basic and smelt , had a lot of staff on and wasn't exactly busy , had 2 drinks and left , should send some of your staff on a Bicc course to show them how to clean

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2019

Was in the area and stumbled upon this beautiful pub. I am such a fussy eater and never eat burgers but something about your burger enticed me to order it. And I was so pleasantly surprised I can honestly say that it was the best burger I have ever eaten. The restaurant looked lovely and very picturesque the staff were so friendly, the food was reasonably priced and to top it all the sun was out. Well worth a visit

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2019

Lunchtime visit - quite nice seafood sharing dish but with tiny portion of anchovies and not enough bread. Nice setting outside in the sun, and the service was good. We were charged £19.80 for two medium glasses of Rose wine: maybe I'm being unrealistic but I think this is excessive. It was OK overall but I won't be rushing back.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

I have been here several times this year, and stayed and the staff are excellent, so is the food and they are dog friendly.
nothing is ever too much trouble, highly recommended. if you like walking, the location is fantastic too

Date of stay: August 2019