“Worst Lodging experience Ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Gretna

Super 8 Gretna
Super 8 Gretna
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Gretna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Peoria, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I checked in around five. Went to eat. Came back in six o'clock hour to pull back sheets and find body hair, large and small, on sheets, and later pillows. I folded back comforter and put bag on that instead. Went downstairs. General manager-same lady as other complaints-was gone. Manager on duty took my complaint, called her, and issued me a refund. I asked if He had a different room. No. Did I need to leave? "No, Sir. You may stay." I went upstairs to my room. 9:30 - a knock. Manager. "Oh, I thought you left. Sorry, Sir." I told him he said I could stay but that I would leave if need be. I volunteered to leave so as not to be charged. Five times I asked. I made sure. Each time, "You may stay." He left. There were no other hotels round. I had said I would sleep at the truckstop lot for the night. I left at seven the next morning. Did not use their pool. Did not eat their free breakfast. We had parted ways the night before with the refund receipt I still have. Went to my conference. General manager called home, left a message, and said we would be charged a"franchise housekeeping cleaning fee" of half the original price. This is ridiculous--why would there be a cleaning fee for a room that wasnt clean in the first place!? After I was issued a refund receipt-which shows up on our credit card as another charge we are sorting out-and told five separate times-he seemed bothered that I kept asking to make sure-that I would not be charged, I was charged a fee of half. I called the woman back. He answered. Said this time he could not help me. She called me back a few hours later. She said she never said "housekeeping cleaning'" but the message on my phone is her voice. She closed, after talking over me the whole call, by asking, "If you buy a shirt and return it, is it right to wear it?" I said, if I asked five times and was told the same thing, I would. I love traveling. My wife says I like the open road too much. I would have been fine, eating at the restaurant and hanging around the truck stop. But, when told, "Sir, you may stay," five times for clarification, and the manager nor the general manager said I needed to leave and were both involved in the decision process, I have complaints. I should have listened to the other trip advisor customers on here and not have stayed and slept on one quarter of a bed to leave by seven. I thought I was being kind by agreeing not to post negative feedback with that refund and not using their pool, eating there. **for the record, a nice woman from the parent company has passed along my complaint. She also thought the fee was odd, unique. She is a nice reflection of Wyndham. Thank you to her: Paige.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank morrow071407
Brookings, Sd
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Hospitable staff, clean and comfortable. This isn't a place that will go out of their way to give you the best possible stay. It is the only hotel available during the off-season and they charge considerably more than Rapid City. The breakfast is ok; it fills the void when you are hungry. It is nice to have a place in Hill City to stay so I don't have to drive when I'm visiting family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80
Econo Lodge West
Econo Lodge West
#67 of 82 in Omaha
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn
New Victorian Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista
Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Super 8 Gretna? Share your experiences!