“Gretna BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Omaha, Nebraska
“Gretna BBQ”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed at the KOA up the street and gave this little local BBQ pit a try. It is located in a clean, safe, little strip mall with a nice exterior. Inside was very clean (always a good thing)and great rustic look like you would expect in a BBQ joint. The only issue I had with the decor was a couple of the signs and/or lic plates were in poor taste and inappropriate.
Now the food: we ordered a brisket sand, a pulled pork sand and 2 sides - beans and pot salad. Easily some of the best BBQ meat we have eaten - tasty, moist, great smoky taste. The meat was served heaped (huge portion) on a very good and fresh bun served w/ a small container of good BBQ sauce on the side. The sides were very good - not the best I've ever had, but fresh and good tasting. I would for sure and for certain (a little Amish lingo) eat here again! Oh the price - very reasonable.

“Good food”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Good bbq not great. I will go back for more. The hours are not good, closes to early. Very relaxed environment. Has a fast food feel to it.

Columbus, Ohio
“Great BBQ not far off the highway.”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This location is fairly new, and clean and fresh. The food was the same! The only disappointment was they had no chicken on the menu, but they do have turkey! We were driving through the country and hoping for something good to eat but were so much happier when we found this great place. Servings are huge, food has an authentic taste and was very good.

It's a few miles off of 80, but far better then any of the normal pitstop locations that are closer to the exit! You never know what you are going to get when you stop at an unknown location but we knew we hit a good spot when we got out of the car and the place was packed!

Orange Park
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

If you happen to find yourself close to Gretna, NE, or passing by on I-80, try the We'll Smoke You BBQ restaurant. the bbq beans, macaroni salad, and cole slaw, all look and taste home made. The brisket sandwich I had was very very good. I hope I will have more chances to eat there!

• Visited August 2013
“Good BBQ close to home”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I can walk to this restaurant from my house, so we often stop by in a pinch for a meal. I have some dietary restrictions and when I asked what was in their sauce the employees were gracious to look it up for me.
I am not a pork eater, but have tried the burnt ends and turkey sandwich. Both are good and the sauce is good as well. The proportions are huge and are more than enough for one meal. Fries are the only side I like and can eat. Not a very large selection on drinks, but water suffices just fine.
Overall a good BBQ place that is very convenient and fulfilling.

• Visited August 2013