“Yummy”

Gretna, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We love BBQ and this place is delicious, quick and well worth the visit! We have tried everything on the menu and have a hard time deciding what to eat..wish they had a sampler platter, then it would be perfect!!

• Visited April 2013

Oklahoma
“Very good”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Lots of different sandwiches. Ribs are moist and have a good smoke ring and bark. Brisket was very moist and tender. Counter service.

Weston, Florida
“Real MidWest BarBQ, Self Served and Delicious”
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

We had visited the SAC museum nearby and were looking for a decent lunch and literally happened upon this place. It is not appealing from the outside, but the smell wafting out was irresistible. While very basic on the inside, the food more than made up for the lack of ambience. Delicious BarBQ, I had turkey, my son Pulled Pork and we really enjoyed a hearty meal ordered and self served, so the value was excellent, under $20 for 2 including drinks.

Omaha, Nebraska
“Okay brisket that doesn't quite satisfy.”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Driving home one late afternoon I decided to swing through Gretna and check out We'll Smoke U BBQ. The place was easy to find, clean and inviting.

To be fair, when I think BBQ I think Brisket (and burnt-ends), I am not a fan of ribs. Seems like most places around here treat it as an after-thought. When I asked the gal about burnt-ends, she replied not today and mentioned a turkey wrap special (no mention of when they might have them, if ever). I ordered the Brisket Sandwich with beans and coleslaw. Sadly, no Brisket dinner was on the menu (I'm not here to eat bread).

The pieces were thicker cut slices, possibly to compensate for being short and narrow with very little fat. Indeed odd looking brisket with no discernable smoke-ring (?) the meat was reasonably tender although a bit firmer texture than expected, a little dry, and lacking flavor. The bun it sat on was average but superfluous for my needs. The sauce was good, nothing special, and saved the day. All in all a decent sandwich but disappointing as far as satisfying my barbecue cravings.

The bbq beans were savory with a nice thick sauce (not the runny variety) and large bits of onions. Thankfully they were meatless, whereas most places just assume everyone likes pork in their beans, kudos!

The coleslaw was lightly drizzled in an oil-based dressing leaving it crisp and tasty. Kudos again.

The prices were average - $8.75 w/two sides & a drink. I am willing to pay more for good brisket, but perhaps most folks are not. If I were in the area, and someone suggested BBQ, I just might give them another try and order the smoked turkey.

My quest for Omaha's best brisket and burnt ends continues.

• Visited April 2012