“Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Gretna
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I recently took a month long driving trip to the West Coast. We are members of the Holiday Inn Priority Club so we used Holiday Inn Express and other member hotels very often on this trip. We found making reservations with Holiday Inn to be so easy online. We appreciate the cleanliness, staff willingness to help, and very good complimentary breakfast. We also found reservations easy to be changed when we decided to change driving course or stay an extra day in a specific area. Ours rooms on this trip were always large, due to complimentary upgrades, and we were comfortable after a long day of touring and driving. We also appreciate the points we earned by using this hotel chain for our next adventure!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevators and ice machines are generally quieter. And, the highest floor usuall...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelmngmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you Linda M for summing everything we love about Holiday Inn Express. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this location Aug. 18-19 and we were not disappointed. Jeremy at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. The room was a double - very, very clean!!! Spacious bathroom. Nice pool and hot tub for the kids to unwind. Wonderful complimentary breakfast - the lady there stocking the breakfast items was very pleasant - about to have her first baby, she was very sweet and attentive to the guests. We have always had very good luck with Holiday Inn Express Hotels - it is our go to lodging, they are always consistently excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013
hotelmngmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Jeremy and Jessica do an excellent job of taking care of our guests, and yes we do agree that our housekeepers are A M A Z I N G. They have a difficult job and they do it so wonderfully. Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. Take care and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel is recommended by my husband and I. The grounds are nicely manicured, the hotel is relatively new. The breakfast was of high quality. The surrounding area is upscale within a 5-7 mile range with a multitude of restaurants and shopping nearby, especially the Wal-Mart and gas station. Just off the I-80. Easy off, easy on. Very family-desirable and pet friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
hotelmngmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our property. This is definitely a growing area and being right off I-80 is a great location. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We really appreciate you choosing our hotel to stay. Have fun and we hope to see you again with your future travels.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed overnight on July 27, 2013. The property was clean and up to date. The place was full including a wedding party and the employees did a good job of keeping order; minimal noise from the hall during the night. The hotel is in a convenient location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
hotelmngmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. Yes we had a very large wedding group in, and I'm glad to hear the employees were keeping on top of that. It can often times be difficult. We are glad that your stay was comfortable. Thank you again and safe travels to you

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Chose this Holiday Inn Express because it was locatedwest of Omaha on our way to Denver. The setup is similar to others in this chain. Front desk was very friendly upon checkin. Plenty of parking up-front. A Walmart is located next door - you can walk over if you want.
As usual we had problems with the air condtioner as it is mounted just below the window and attempts to cool the entire room. I was sitting at the desk just to the left of the AC and I was hot, when my wife, who was seated in the middle of the room was chilled by the AC.
Also, the main corridor on the third floor was extremely hot; when I asked the front desk at checkout they explained that housekeeping likes it warm.
I downgraded my rating of this location since the room charge was about 20% higher than other similar hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear (west) face the WalMart, rooms to the front face the parking lot.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelmngmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Thank you for your kind words about our front desk staff. In regards to the a/c unit I will certainly have it looked at. I'm sorry that you felt the room overpriced. Our pricing is set to reflect the same pricing as other hotels in the area. If your travels bring you to the Omaha area again, give me a call and we will certainly extend to you a discounted rate. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Coming into or leaving Omaha, this is a new Holiday Inn Express. Although, it is easy on and off I80, their is much highway construction. No big deal. The staff was extremely friendly. The room was quiet. I request a non adjoining room. ( God I Hate those connecting rooms)! I don't want an inside my room door connected to another room. I avoid Hotels that put me in those type of rooms like the plague!

Also, they offered no room service. Holiday Inn Express in very inconsistent with what they offer. Which means ordering pizza or delivery. Except, this Holiday Inn offered neither a refrigerator or a microwave. Another Holiday Inn Express inconsistency problem. However, back to being nice! It was new, fresh and clean and a HUGE plus, I could control the AC and THE FAN. I want the right to control the AC and THE FAN. If I want the fan to run all night to cover up out of room noise, I enjoy that option. I don't care which Hotel brand, if you do not let me control my own interior climate, I will never return...

As for this particular Holiday Inn Express, I will return.

Stayed: May 2013
hotelmngmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for your comments and I definately agree with you, that I like to control the a/c unit too. We realize the demand for refrigerators and microwaves, and we have been adding them to our standard rooms. Please feel free to request one while making a reservation and we will make sure the you receive that. Until all of our standard rooms are equipped with them. Thank you for your comments concerning my staff members. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel is clean in a nice location right off I-80. The breakfast was typical Holiday Inn Express. The bed was comfortable and it was nice and quiet. The problem we encountered was the poor in-room WiFi performance. We were there on business and it was important to have a good performing wireless connection. It continued to drop us from the connection so it was less than we expected. Other than that, a very nice motel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for letting us know that you had some issues with the wifi service. I have our internet company checking into what had happened. We want your experience with our property to be the best experience. And again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha West
Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista
Super 8 Gretna
Super 8 Gretna
#2 of 2 in Gretna

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80? Share your experiences!