“Near I80 and a WalMart”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Gretna
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Chose this Holiday Inn Express because it was locatedwest of Omaha on our way to Denver. The setup is similar to others in this chain. Front desk was very friendly upon checkin. Plenty of parking up-front. A Walmart is located next door - you can walk over if you want.
As usual we had problems with the air condtioner as it is mounted just below the window and attempts to cool the entire room. I was sitting at the desk just to the left of the AC and I was hot, when my wife, who was seated in the middle of the room was chilled by the AC.
Also, the main corridor on the third floor was extremely hot; when I asked the front desk at checkout they explained that housekeeping likes it warm.
I downgraded my rating of this location since the room charge was about 20% higher than other similar hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear (west) face the WalMart, rooms to the front face the parking lot.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelmngmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Thank you for your kind words about our front desk staff. In regards to the a/c unit I will certainly have it looked at. I'm sorry that you felt the room overpriced. Our pricing is set to reflect the same pricing as other hotels in the area. If your travels bring you to the Omaha area again, give me a call and we will certainly extend to you a discounted rate. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Coming into or leaving Omaha, this is a new Holiday Inn Express. Although, it is easy on and off I80, their is much highway construction. No big deal. The staff was extremely friendly. The room was quiet. I request a non adjoining room. ( God I Hate those connecting rooms)! I don't want an inside my room door connected to another room. I avoid Hotels that put me in those type of rooms like the plague!

Also, they offered no room service. Holiday Inn Express in very inconsistent with what they offer. Which means ordering pizza or delivery. Except, this Holiday Inn offered neither a refrigerator or a microwave. Another Holiday Inn Express inconsistency problem. However, back to being nice! It was new, fresh and clean and a HUGE plus, I could control the AC and THE FAN. I want the right to control the AC and THE FAN. If I want the fan to run all night to cover up out of room noise, I enjoy that option. I don't care which Hotel brand, if you do not let me control my own interior climate, I will never return...

As for this particular Holiday Inn Express, I will return.

Stayed: May 2013
hotelmngmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for your comments and I definately agree with you, that I like to control the a/c unit too. We realize the demand for refrigerators and microwaves, and we have been adding them to our standard rooms. Please feel free to request one while making a reservation and we will make sure the you receive that. Until all of our standard rooms are equipped with them. Thank you for your comments concerning my staff members. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel is clean in a nice location right off I-80. The breakfast was typical Holiday Inn Express. The bed was comfortable and it was nice and quiet. The problem we encountered was the poor in-room WiFi performance. We were there on business and it was important to have a good performing wireless connection. It continued to drop us from the connection so it was less than we expected. Other than that, a very nice motel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for letting us know that you had some issues with the wifi service. I have our internet company checking into what had happened. We want your experience with our property to be the best experience. And again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

The hotel stay here was great. Close parking, quick check-in, professional and friendly staff, and very clean and spacious rooms. The real story started after we checked out. Just the day before, my husband's father gave him his wedding band from my husband's fathers' marriage to my husband's biological mother, who died when he was young. It was lose on his left ring finger so he decided to wear it on his right hand. 45 minutes after leaving this hotel, my husband started panicking once he realized he no longer had the ring. We pulled the car over and called the front desk. They immediately went and searched the room thoroughly (two ladies from the front desk did this) before getting back on the line and telling us that they were sorry but they couldn't find it. Now, anyone might have taken the time to look for us but it was immediately clear that these ladies genuinely cared and were truly sorry they couldn't find it for us. We thanked them and turned the car around to search for it ourselves. Once back there, we turned over the room. Nothing. Because we are en route moving from Michigan to California, our car was tightly packed but my husband proceeded to unpack everything and sort through it in the hopes of locating the ring. Still nothing. We then looked all over the parking lot for it. Very sad day. Once we realized we weren't going to find it, we sadly left.

Fast forward to two days later when Shelly from the front desk calls with the good news that someone had found the ring in the parking lot (14k gold!) and turned it in. She said that the manager, Lori, would send it to us immediately. They wouldn't even let us pay to send it.

Can you believe this? We were so touched and grateful that these ladies cared enough to help us out and go out of their way for us. I thanked them profusely over the phone but thought I needed to sing their praises as well as the hotel that they do a great job of running. Shelly even tried to get the man's information who found our ring but all he told her was "angels are everywhere".

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you so much to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Gretna, NE, and in particular, Shelly & Lori. We will never forget your kindness and immense decency.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank apaw
hotelmngmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

It definately was a day that "Angels were everywhere". As another guest that same day left his wallet in the room with several hundred dollars in it and it was turned in by one of my houskeeping staff. What a happy day that we could return both items. Thank you again for your kind words and we are very happy that your ring was returned.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel is very quiet and the staff was wonderful. The pool and hot tub are very small and the echo is horrible in the pool area if there are even only a couple people in there. The complimentary breakfast was excellent, it had a good balance of healthy foods along with the not so unhealthy (but yummy) breakfast foods. The fitness room only has 3 machines and the treadmill was not working. I was disappointed that it took us forever to find a pizza place that would deliver to the hotel, we had to call the front desk and they only had one menu for us to look off of. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this hotel if you have kids and are looking for fun things to do. If you are looking for a quiet hotel to get a good nights sleep, this is a great hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
hotelmngmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Hello DesMoines,

I lived there for years and loved it. Very glad to hear that you enjoyed breakfast, wasn't the pancake machine fun. It looks like the safety chain was not attached to the treadmill correctly (which is required to be attached to turn it on). We are glad that you slept well during your stay. Visit us again soon!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed in the hotel in October and wrote about the scent in the rooms and public areas. I gave the hotel another try in November and the smell in the rooms and public areas was still present. I assume the hotel is scenting the air in the HVAC system or excessively using scented cleaning products or using those timed poof of freshness air freshners. Although some people may enjoy that and maybe even buy Glade type air fresheners for their house not everyone is able to tolerate these things.
The rooms themselves are very quiet, clean, amazingly comfortable with very high quality beddings and linens. Unfortunately though because of the scented air I had to cancel all future reservations that I had made.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear TravelUS1997,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am pleased to know that you find our rooms very quiet, clean and comfortable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests and we are glad you were able to experience it. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience the floral smell of the hotel may have caused. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, we thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel in the area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We needed a hotel for one night so my daughter and a friend of hers could attend the championship day at the Nebraska State High School wrestling tournament. All of the hotels near CenturyLink were either full or very expensive. This particular hotel had a room at a reasonable rate, and is close enough to Omaha that the commute to the arena was only about 20 minutes. Room was very clean, with ample room for the four of us. Bathroom was clean and very efficient. Property is newer, but service and accomodations were excellent.

Room Tip: This facility is worth considering if going to Omaha, especially for those traveling east on I-80.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
hotelmngmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Scott J
What a busy weekend with the wrestling championshops, and we are glad that you and your daughters had a great time here. Thank you for your very kind words, we really appreciate that our hard work does not go unnoticed. Safe travels, and we hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista
Hampton Inn Omaha West - Lakeside
Comfort Suites La Vista-Omaha
Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista
Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha West

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80? Share your experiences!