“Noisy, Noisy, Noisy”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Grand Island
Reviewed September 19, 2009

This is my third stay here in the past 6 months. Previous stays were OK. However, last night and tonight have been a nightmare. There is a restaurant/bar in the neighborhood and starting around 6pm both nights there is music blaring. I honestly can't figure out where the noise is coming from. There is a Wendy's across the street, and parking lot. A Carlos O'Kelly's next door . . . which I thought was a family restaurant. After listening to the noise last night, I finally had enough tonight. Called the front desk since I thought a fellow guest had the radio turned up too loud. The front desk clerk said it was a bar and "I can't get hold of them to tell them to turn the music down". The bass is driving me up a wall, and I can not believe that the hotel can't do something.

Otherwise, this is a clean, perfectly good place to stay. A typical Comfort Inn, you know what to expect. The staff is friendly, the breakfast OK. There is a pool and hot tub, no exercise room. Location is good, close to the mall and hospital. There is a Starbucks down the street as well. The price is right, but it's my last stay here. I'd rather pay the extra bucks at the Hampton and at least get a good nights sleep!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank TRIPSTraveler

Reviewed August 20, 2009

Ok if you are trying to decide between a few hotels in grand island that are about the same price, please choose this one. I travel to Grand Island quite often for family visits and used to stay at the Ho Jo like a religion (see my review). I decided to stay here on a whim because it was only five dollars more expensive and I will never go back to the Ho Jo ever agian. This place is very clean, it does not stink, staff very nice (they kept the pool area open an extra half hour for us as we checked in late) check in was a breeze, beds were comfy, room was big, bathroom clean and nice. Pool was kinda small but hot tub was great. Breakfast was kinda busy but expected for hotels, waffels, fruit, cereal, juice it was your usual but there were two attendents watching for things that needed to be done. Even the bikers asked us if they were being too loud, (they weren't). Great hotel, will stay agian.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JennJann
Reviewed July 22, 2009

My husband had some business to attend to in Grand Island and the kid and I came along. The cleaning staff was great about towels and the trash and cleaning our refrigerator. Interenet service worked fine the whole time we were here. We had a room with 2 queen beds. Pool and hot tub was great open 8am - 10pm. Great free breakfast too. Choice of waffles, muffins, fruits and cerals. Walking distance to the Conestoga mall and Walmart and lots of eateries around.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2008

This is clean but older Comfort Inn. We stayed because other properties were either too expensive in comparison to this or had no vacancies. The room is large. Quite (except for the typically slightly intrusive heater fan). Beds/pillows are good.

We asked to see the room before checking in. The clerk reluctantly allowed us to do so.

I will probably try some place else if we pass near Grand Island again but wouldn't be disappointed if we needed to stay here again. Price is excellent, and if you're on a tight budget, this place is great!

Wireless internet works better here than some other places we've stayed.

• Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank St_PaulMNTraveler
Reviewed January 29, 2008

we stayed here free with points as a stop-over on our way to Omaha. Gal at front desk was sweet and efficient. Room typical with 2 queens. A bit noisy as some guests were banging around late and a car outside our window roared their engine, but nothing we could control. We didn't stay for breakfast. Good value. It should be noted that it is about a 9 mile drive off I 80 to get there so you need to budget that into your travel time. We would return if in the Grand Island area.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2007

Overall, I would recommend this hotel. This hotel is not right off the interstate, but then not much in Grand Island is. You have to drive in a bit to get to the town. This was a minor inconvenience as we were just making an overnight stop on a multi-day road trip. But, we found the hotel according to the directions on the website. Our room was very clean, of a reasonable size, the bed was comfortable, and the motel was quiet. We didn't pay a huge price for the room, and it was actually more than we expected for the price, which was a pleasant surprise. Breakfast the next morning was the average sweet roll and waffle type of breakfast, but it was good, and the breakfast room was clean.

The staff was a mixed experience. The girl who checked us out was pleasant and efficient. On checking in, a different girl was on her cell phone and acted annoyed that she had to stop talking in order to help me. She had a friend sitting in the lobby surfing the internet on the hotel computer . When I came by the lobby much later, thinking I would check on the weather for the next day and perhaps do email, the friend was still on the internet with the desk clerk standing there talking to him, so I just went back to my room and watched the weather channel instead. Another minor inconvenience, but more professionalism by the hotel staff would be a plus.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2007

I agree completely with the previous reviewer, save for that the internet service has worked fine during my stay. (I am writing this from the hotel.) This is a very pleasant hotel, with an even more charming price... a terriffic value.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo