“Great clean place.”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Grand Island
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was there with my 10 year old granddaughter and they were so pleasant with both of us. Our first room was to be upstairs but when I got there they changed it to the main floor which was nice since I have had 2 knee replacements. I had trouble with a bunch of girls next door to us hitting the wall and being a little louder than they needed to be and the front desk took care of the situation ASAP.The room was very clean and the bathroom/shower was exceptionally clean. I can not stand a bathroom with the gout and corners stained and dirty. Parking was great and close to a lot of different kind of businesses. Thumps up!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah G

Reviewed June 7, 2013

If you're going to drive past the places on the highway and into town (about 10 minutes), you'll find lots of different hotels and restaurants near each other. This one was not our first choice to stay at because of previous poor experiences with Sleep Inns, but we gave it a chance and were quite happy with it. The parking lot side faces a large car wash and the other side faces a warehouse wall - so no traffic noise. Looks recently updated, from the clean lobby and adjoining breakfast area (hot breakfast!), to the stylish linens (no more ugly bedspreads!). Lots of variety of chain restaurants and shopping nearby, well lit lot, and clean looking pool area. The only things we disliked were the hideous overhead fluorescent lighting in the rooms with the 1960's style closet cut-out, no tub, and the eating area was a bit steamy because it looks onto the pool area. Would definitely recommend, especially to members of the chain for travel perks.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is a well designed hotel,, pool , jaccuzi, very good breakfast, good bedrooms,
bathroom room has no bath, only a shower unit....
Dianne at the reception was very helpful and show me two rooms. price was ok at $78+tax
The carpet needs cleaning and also is due for replacement.
Everything else works very good..
fridge, microwave, coffee maker, Wi-Fi is good...
TV needs to be lifted up and installed on the wall to get a better view and also free up space on the desk unit..Yes i would use this place again and recommend it..
R..from Australia

Room Tip: look at two rooms before making a selections
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed here overnight for a business trip. My room was clean and comfortable, front desk was very helpful. I did not take advantage of the restaurant or room service so I didn't score it high. I will stay here every time I travel to Grand Island in the future

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2012

this is nice, pool and hottub, the best of it is SO quiet.
internet service is bad, one of those cheesy deals that make you jump through numerous advertising hoops to get online, but a lot of hotels in this mid price range have it.
overall, a good value.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2012

When attempting to "block" rooms for my wedding next August, I found ALL area hotels were gouging their customers with increased prices or minimum 3-day stays due to the State Fair during this time. Many managers at other hotels were abrupt and rude, stating "that's State Fair weekend" when I mentioned we really needed the rooms for that weekend. We were quickly turned down.
The ONLY exception was Sleep Inn. Their prices remain low during this time, and a block was applied with no problem. The manager Jackie has been extremely professional, friendly, and very customer-service oriented. Unlike my experiences with several other mgrs at other local hotels, Jackie has went above and beyond to ensure we were taken care of. Thanks Jackie!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My family stayed here 1 night and will stay again when we return to Nebraska! It was clean and spacious. Pool was great. Staff were amazing!! We had some intoxicated young men in the next room who got pretty noisy. A staff member actually sat outside their door and kept them quiet so we could sleep. Marvelous caring staff and very pleasant. This will obviously be our stop in the future. thank you so much

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family