We changed our plans last minute during a cross country trip from RI to CO and were faced with a limited choice of available hotels in Grand Island, NE. We were travelling with an infant and stayed in room 122 with two queen beds and were not at all impressed. Sure, it was cheap, but I still expect a room to be clean! Here are my main grievances:
1. The carpet in our room was absolutely filthy. We ended up keeping our outdoor shoes on, as your feet turned black otherwise. The carpet in the corridor outside the room looked cleaner!
2. Outdated furniture and window treatments. There was also paint on the bedspread, and God knows what else we couldn't see disguised in the multicolored pattern!
3. The shower head was really low. I'm only 5'2" and it was too low for me. Tall people would only be able to get about half of their body wet! In addition, the water temperature kept changing from hot to cold and back again. We were up really early and this was happening at a time when I'm guessing the majority of guests were still be in bed. Finally, the non-slip grips in the bottom of the tub were filthy too.
4. The sink and vanity area were located directly outside the bathroom but was absolutely tiny; barely room to keep your toothbrush.
Thankfully we only had to stay for one night.
Restaurant recommendation. The good part about our stay in Grand Island, NE, was the meal we enjoyed at the Texas T Bone restaurant. Try the hickory smoked tenderloin - outstanding.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Super 8 Grand Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Grand Island Hotel Grand Island
- Super Eight Grand Island
- Grand Island Super Eight
- Grand Island Super 8