“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Grand Island
Greeley, Colorado, United States
“Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I booked this motel based upon the experiences of others listed on TripAdvisor. And I'm glad I took a chance on it. My needs were simple, just an overnight stay. I don't need a pool, or full breakfast, or extra amenities... the accommodations were very nice. With a full-sized 'fridge (but no in-room microwave), a person could stay for some time here. Be sure to ask for the AARP discount (if you're eligible). The room was clean and well-kept, but no extra frills.

As a family-owned facility, the owners were extremely polite and helpful in recommending dining options. I was extremely pleased with my stay here, and I will stay again when I am in the area. Good value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way back from a road trip out west. For less than $80 we had two queen beds, A/C, and the largest fridge I've ever seen in a hotel room. The front desk help was very courteous and friendly. Check in and check out were very quick and easy. It is located near food and shopping. There is no breakfast, but they did have what appeared to be store bought pastry items available in the lobby in the morning as well as hot coffee for the guests. There was also vending in the lobby if you needed a snack but don't care to venture out. There is also a large ice machine in the lobby. I helped myself to a bunch of ice to refill the cooler we had along with no hassle from anyone. The owners are very nice people. This is a locally owned hotel that really cares about the comfort of their guests, not just another chain. The hotel is old, but it is obvious that they take great care in what they do here. The room was very clean and we had plenty of space for our family of four. If I am ever back in the area I would be happy to give them my business again.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms mean you will not hear people tromping around above you and entry is from an inter...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank clark50
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

I'm glad I discovered Island Inn. It is a family run motel that is clean and comfortable. I love being able to park my car right outside the door of my room. For those who prefer indoor hallways, the upstairs rooms provide that. Each room has a full size refrigerator. The owners are great. It's an older facility but very acceptable. It's a resonably priced place to stay. Business has taken me back and forth across Nebraska many times and I'm always greeted warmly, by name, when I walk in the door.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are larger but there is no elevator.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Elainest
Menomonie, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

Very cheerful and helpful counter person. Our king room was large, very clean and up-to-date. It had a comfortable recliner and a medium sized refrigerator/freezer that worked well. I would recommend this inn to anyone. Fresh baked cookies at check-in. A very nice place for a budget price.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank chippewabluff
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

We prefer privately owned and managed motels over the big national chains, and therefore we have chosen the Island Inn over the local Days Inn and the likes. We were happy with our decision.

The Island Inn is conveniently located, has a welcoming and competent front desk service, spacey and well appointed rooms, and by far the largest fridge we ever came across in a motel room (more like a walkable closet). If you happen to find yourself in Grand Island, Nebraska, the Island Inn is a good place to rest your head!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fossilizer
Wausau, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

My wife and I stayed here the night of 8-12-11. Motel accommodations were basic but comfortable despite noisy a/c and leaky faucet. Owner/hostess was very pleasant and helpful. There is no continental breakfast so one must rely on local fast food. We went to Wal-mart the next morning to buy yogurt and other healthy food for breakfast. A local restaurant, Pam's Pub and Grill, was recommended for dinner. It's okay if you want all you can eat buffet. Mostly fat people there so don't plan on anything healthy.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bill m
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

It was like being at home with the clean room, comfortable recliner and bed. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple