“It Did the Trick” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Grand Island
Nebraska
“It Did the Trick”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was recently in Grand Island for a wedding and was put up at the Holiday Inn Midtown. It was clean and had nice amenities in the room such as a microwave and fridge. It also had two sinks which was a plus. It seemed to be fairly quiet. I always pack a little fan to help with noise anyway. The beds and pillows were comfortable.

There was not anything fancy or special about this hotel that would draw me to it, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Of course, I didn't have to pay for it this time so maybe my view is skewed a bit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
MuelleA0, Manager at Hotel Grand Conference Center fka Midtown, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay at the Midtown Holiday Inn. We are glad that you enjoyed the comfort of our sleeping rooms and noticed the extra amenities we have as a standard in every room of our hotel.

We would love the opportunity to have you as our guest the next time you're passing through Grand Island Nebraska.

Thanks again for your positive feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Traveled here for work although my company says I have to stay here as long as they are paying I will pay out of my own pocket to stay somewhere else.The lobby is about the only thing nice with this hotel the rooms are small and dark small bathrooms it had snowed while I was there had to wrap curtain around door knob just to stop the cold air from coming in.Still did not help.Had to have heat on 79 just to get it half way comfortable. Didn't try the food at bar.Although if you are priority club member you do get 3 free drinks a night Mon - Thurs.This place needs to freshen up. Will not stay here again.By the way the beds are terrible had a back ache for the 4 days I was there pillows are god awful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MuelleA0, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Grand Conference Center fka Midtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

I know you've been contacted by our General Manager regarding your stay and I hope you find that we genuinely care about the quality of stay all our guests have. To reiterate the message from our General Manager will will be replacing the mattress in the room you were in the night of your stay as it must have been missed when we put new mattresses in the hotel. Our pillow standard is scheduled to change within the next year so we are excited for that new technology of comfort!

Please feel free to contact the hotel if you have any further questions regarding your stay, we will be glad to accommodate you. Safe travels and I would appreciate the opportunity to earn back your loyalty the next time you travel to Grand Island, Nebraska
Lincoln, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

As a Holiday Inn Priority Club Platnium member and 50+ stays annually I've become quite familiar with the chain, and regrettably I don't give enough love to the majority of locations I've stayed that have been excellent. Unfortunately this place is no where near excellent, and I don't want previous reviews to fool the typical traveler, this place is circa 1970 with poor attempt at covering up it's age with cheap corner cutting updates. The ammeneties are horendous, with dark dirty dingy hallways and rooms, ceilings in the room are 8', beds are the worst I've ever had in any motel chain, the bathrooms are small and extremely dated, the gaps in the doors make even the slightest hallway noise loud, you'll no every time the neighbor gets up to use the water, I really can't find a good thing to say about this place, don't let the lobby vibes fool you, avoid at all costs. The HIE in town offers much better accommodations!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SevereChase
MuelleA0, Manager at Hotel Grand Conference Center fka Midtown, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
It is unfortunate you were not happy with your stay at our property. Yes, we are an older property but we proudly are ranked 2nd in the state of Nebraska among all full service Holiday Inns. I am sorry you did not experience the quality we are known for with your stay. I understand that everyone has a bed type they prefer and it is unfortunate that you found our beds uncomfortable. It is such an important part of your stay that we intentionally rotate our mattress inventory regularly and far exceed the minimum requirements for the Holiday Inn brand when purchasing mattresses. This past year we have extended the courtesy of allowing two guests to purchase mattresses from us because they liked them so much. Your bathroom is not one of our newest remodels and our owners invest in our property yearly for improvements and most recently have remodeled 30 of our bathrooms. When reviewing our hotels photos online, I see we have not posted a photo of our newly renovated bathrooms so potential guests can see the improvements made, this will be corrected immediately. Our hallways are all lit with florescent lighting so I appreciate you sharing the deficiency in that area. I will definitely meet with our engineering staff so they can correct any areas not well lit. I am glad to see that you enjoy staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Grand Island, our owners also own the Holiday Inn Express you speak well of in our review. Thank you for your time to rate our property it is important that we are made aware of concerns that the fresh eyes of a guest see so they can be corrected and improved on. I hope the next time you travel your experience is of excellent quality.
Duluth, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a vintage 60's holiday that has been extensively remodeled and updated to current lodging expectations with one exception, sound control. All parts of the facility are new looking, well maintained, and clean. AS we were traveling with a lot of things in our vehicle, I appreciated the ability to park close to the room. The room was updated with flat screen TV, a new heating / cooling system, new beds, and an updated bathroom. The only thing missing was good sound control. There was a lot of activity in the hallway during the night which frequently woke us up. We had a nice dinner in the bar/grill which had a good variety of items to select from. The staff was very nice and made us feel welcome as well as give excellent service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MuelleA0, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Grand Conference Center fka Midtown, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a reveiw about Midtown Holiday Inn. The guest input is very important to us and it gives us an opportunity to praise our staff and coach them when necessary.

I appreciate knowing that there was not suffiecient noise control while you were here. We want all our guest to have a good nights rest as if you were home! Our security controls will be evaluated to see if there can be some adjustments made in this regard.

Safe travels to you and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Grand Island Nebraska
Alma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Room was very clean and quiet, good location, courteous staff. Other than some difficulty in finding my room (maze-like layout), the stay was very enjoyable. Will definitely consider next time I need a room in Grand Island, Nebraska.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MuelleA0, Manager at Hotel Grand Conference Center fka Midtown, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay! We sincerely appreciate the time you take to give input on our facility and employees.

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Angela L Mueller
Guest Experience Champion
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

From the outside, this Holiday Inn looks fairly average. Look on the inside, and you will see that all of the guest rooms have been renovated. The stay was very comfortable. The room had all the necessary amenities, including nice shampoo and conditioner from Bath and Body Works (as a female this is always rather important). The WiFi worked well also. I did not use the pool but it looked to be very fun for kids. I ate the breakfast buffet in the morning, and it was very tasty, but it was a bit pricey in my opinion. There are three things about this hotel that really lower the quality in my opinion. 1) I don't think there is an elevator. Not a problem if you can get a room on the first floor, but if they are crowded some night, you may need to haul luggage up the stairs. 2) The layout is very confusing. The rooms are not in successive order. I spent ten minutes looking for my room despite the woman at the front desk giving me a map and drawing out my path. Odd rooms and even rooms are in separate wings, and 200 and 400 number rooms are on the same floor. Strange. 3) someone taller than 5'4 will have to bend over in the shower to get their head wet. I don't know if this was a problem in all rooms, but they did such a nice job with the room renovation that it is a shame if they ignored the bathroom. The ceiling did look pretty low so maybe they just had nothing to work with. These drawbacks are minor in my opinion and would not deter me from staying again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank k86j84
Rhonda S, General Manager at Hotel Grand Conference Center fka Midtown, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. We appreciate all reviews. We realize the lack of an elevator is a problem if your room is on the second floor. We do have plans to include that addition to our next rennovation coming up soon. You will also be pleased to know we do also have plans to review and rename all our room numbers so locating them will be an easier task. I agree with your comments on this fact. We are looking forward to making these changes and hope when you travel into our area again that you will choose to stay with us again. Thank you, RHonda S., GM
Sioux Falls, SD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Probably one of the nicer Holiday Inns you will stay in. Front desk staff actually seems glad you are there. Rooms are clean and most include a mini fridge and microwave. Bed and bedding is above average although I hate those mini pillows everyone seems to be using. If you smoke you will want to request a 1st floor room with patio door so you can easily step outside as this is a non-smoking property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rhonda S, General Manager at Hotel Grand Conference Center fka Midtown, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you so much for the nice review. We welcome and take great pride in our service and appreciate comments that can help us improve our service quality and product. We hope the next time you are in the Grand Island area you will choose to stay with us again. Happy travels to you ! Rhonda, GM