“Great Ribeye, Chilean Seabass & Kentucky Bourbon pecan pie”
Review of Uncle Ed's Steak House - CLOSED

Uncle Ed's Steak House
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We discovered if you're traveling on I-80 in the vicinity of Grand Island and want some great mid-western food, Uncle Eds is the place. It was getting full on a Friday evening but we got a dining room table with a view into the bar. The entertainment in the lounge was a guitarist named Mike Wayne. He had an unbelievable repertoire. Willie Nelson, Fleetwood Mac, Jimmy Buffett, Marty Robbins, Jim Croce, Simon & Garfunkle, Beach Boys, Otis Redding, etc.

Our waitresses name was Audrey, and although it appeared her area was understaffed, did an excellent job of checking on us and delivering all the courses in a timely manner. She was very personable and kept us laughing. She even apologized ahead of time since she knew she & the kitchen were super busy and likely something might get messed up. Since we both ordered wine, she suggested if we wanted more than one glass apiece; a bottle of house wine would be cheaper. Since Nebraska is a recorkage state, we ordered the house pinot noir by Robt Mondavi.

Ed's menu is several pages long with a huge variety of lunch and dinner selections to choose from. The salad greens were fresh (not out of a Dole bag like alot of places these days), with carrots, tomatoes, cukecumber and a radish. There are nine different potato sides to chose from, I went with the roasted garlic mashed potatoes, although the cheesey Delmolnico potatoes sounded good.

Since Ed's Premium Reserve choice Angus steaks are advertised as personally selected and an aged quality only awarded the TOP 5-8% of all Angus beef, thats what I ordered. I usually order my ribeye medium-rare but our waitresses description of how Uncle Ed cooks a medium-rare medium steak sounded closer to what I wanted. It was one of the better ribeyes I've ever had, flavorful and as the old saying goes, so tender you could cut it with a butter knife. Our other order was the Chilean sea bass with a basimanti rice pilaf side w/black beans & pine nuts and a lime mango salsa. It also was perfectly grilled. Although we were both full, we couldn't resist ordering the Kentucky bourbon pecan pie. It came warm with 3 scoops of ice cream.

1  Thank OTR_Again_IM
There are newer reviews for Uncle Ed's Steak House

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have eaten steaks all over the US and Canada and none of them compares to the perfect T-Bone that Ed prepared for me tonight. I higly reccomend people visit their establishment and sample what in my opinion sets the par for great and tasteful food.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Ed did it again! I eat here every year while on town for a golf tournament. This year Ed had some special bone-in filets. Biggest filets ever and more than 2" thick! This was the best steak I have ever had, and I have eaten steaks around the world. Ed knows more about meat preparation than any chef in the world. He actually makes his own Kobe hamburger for his famous burgers. The food is simply outstanding here every time.

1  Thank Mark N
Reviewed May 27, 2013

It's a huge menu- too many choices. Everything was edible- passable, but not great. Prices were a little too high for the quality of the dishes. Made a real good old fashioned though.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We should have known better when we stopped in to Uncle Eds at 6:30 on a Saturday night and there was only 2 othere tables. I orderd the Kolby burger with curley fries it came rare and tasted rancid!! Not able to get the attention of one of the servers of which there 6 with a dinning room of 3 tables I went back to the kitchen and was sent back to my table with my plate!! Then they took it back to the kitchen and refired the same burger sooo bad and said it was not rotten it was aged. And the green beans were sugared never heard of candy green beans they said they are country style to this I reply what country? The curly fries were good. Our Hostess was fighting a cold that evening and sneased in to her hands then promptly handed us our menu. The worst steak house ive been in!

2  Thank 5150foodieUSA