“Great stay”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Grand Island
Arizona
“Great stay”
Reviewed August 1, 2007

After two previous nights in "lesser quality" hotel chains, I was looking forward to my night at the Hampton. I was slightly concerned because of some of the previous reviews, but was relieved when I arrived. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. The beds at the Hampton hotels are the best I've seen in a "budget" chain. In contrast, I stayed at the Hampton at the Denver airport the next night and it was not as nice as the one in Grand Island. Regarding a previous review that complained of a $100 charge; when checking in it is stated that the charge will be applied for people that smoke in a non-smoking room or have pets. I don't know if that reviewer fit either of those conditions or not.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank 5cott5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Marshalltown, IA
Reviewed July 27, 2007

Our stay was excellent. Clean, quiet, and comfortable rooms. The desk clerk was friendly and check-in and check-out easy with a statement under the door in the morning. Clean pool and spa area, although did not have time to use. The breakfast was exceptional, with hot items such as sausage patties and waffles. There was also various kinds of fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, juices, coffees, etc. Definitely would stay again in in the area.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank Shadyoaks07
Central Nebraska
Reviewed July 10, 2007

My wife and I stayed here just after the 4th of July. We had stayed at the Hampton Inn at North Platte NE and so we thought this would be similar. Well it wasnt. First we get there and there are about 300 kids in the lobby. Some baseball tournament is going on. Then the clerk asks us for an extra 100 dollars as a security deposit. We're almost 62 years old so that seemed strange I thought, since the other Hampton Inn didnt ask for one. We get to the room and the toilet overflowed. The management says that happens all the time. Sounds like this place needs a good
maintenance department. We get another room and have supper and then start to watch the HBO movie since we dont have HBO at home. The TV set goes to no sound and a blue
screen every minute to two minutes for 15 seconds. So we
just gave up on it. My wife read a book and I went to sleep early.
We mentioned all the problems since the management pointed
out the satisfaction guarantee when we checked in. Well Hampton Inn does not honor their guarantee. Sooooo IF you stay at this Grand Island Hampton Inn, bring a plumber, a TV
repairman and $100 dollars more than you thought you would
need.

• Liked — Good Comfortable Beds
  • Disliked — Flickering TV
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank An_old_guy
Duluth,Mn
Reviewed July 15, 2006

We stayed 1 night on a roadtrip. The hotel looks new, with beautiful, modern rooms. The beds and pillows are excellent and plentiful pillows-- both soft and firm. There was a frig and microwave which was a big plus for us. The breakfast area is large -- much nicer than most hotels with many choices. The coffee is excellent as well. We stayed on a Thursday night, and didn't have any problems with noise. We went to bed before 9pm and were up by about 7am. Everything was spotless. The rooms were a bit on the small side, but would be fine for 2 people. Fine for a quick overnight for our family of 7...

• Stayed July 2006
3 Thank kntheboys
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 12, 2006

I have been staying at this hotel for a few months now on business. The staff has treated me exceptionally well. They have become like second family. A great place to rest your head for a few evenings. Enjoy!!!

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Eau claire WI
Reviewed June 3, 2006

I thought I was safe going to an Hampton Inn since it is so well known. The first 2 nights of my vacation while driving to Grand Island I used travelers checks at the motels and no problems. Got to Grand Island Hampton Inn only to be told they dont take travelers checks! I was told this after I told the clerk I was paying with travelers checks and writing out the checks to pay for my 4 night stay! This did leave me short of cash. I spent 5 days in the Grand Island area and cashed travelers checks every other place in town, including all the gas stations with no problems. The motels is new so it is nice & clean but I thought the rooms were a bit on the small side though. The breakfast is great in the morning!

• Stayed June 2006