“Really Nice in great location”

Hampton Inn Grand Island
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Grand Island
Boerne, Texas
“Really Nice in great location”
Reviewed July 10, 2008

I was really impressed with this Hampton Inn of Grand Island. It isn't close to the interstate, but worth the 6 or so miles north on 281 to get to it. This property is less than two years old, but has a brand new feel. All of the standard Hampton amenities are present here, but I would say this hotel is cleaner and less abused than some other properties. The indoor swimming pool and hot tub has air conditioning in the room. I walked through the adjacent room and expected to be blown away with the typical heat that comes from those rooms, but it was very pleasant.

The location was surrounded by small businesses and physician's offices. If you get sick while here, you are a walk away from finding treatment. Several chain restaurants are close, but a little far to walk. A mall, in which I didn't visit, is less than a mile away.

• Liked — Fresh feel and clean.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pittsgrove, New Jersey
Reviewed September 18, 2007

This was a nice room with an updated bathroom. The mattress was a bit hard, but the room was very clean and we enjoyed our stay here. There are many stores and decent restaurants in the area, so the location is very good. The bathroom has an extra-deep sink which makes the counter higher than average; I don't particularly care for a high bathroom counter, but overall the bathroom looked practically new. We would stay here again if ever in Grand Island.

• Liked — Nice bathroom with new fixtures
  • Disliked — Room somewhat smaller than usual
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Monica O
Arizona
Reviewed August 1, 2007

After two previous nights in "lesser quality" hotel chains, I was looking forward to my night at the Hampton. I was slightly concerned because of some of the previous reviews, but was relieved when I arrived. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. The beds at the Hampton hotels are the best I've seen in a "budget" chain. In contrast, I stayed at the Hampton at the Denver airport the next night and it was not as nice as the one in Grand Island. Regarding a previous review that complained of a $100 charge; when checking in it is stated that the charge will be applied for people that smoke in a non-smoking room or have pets. I don't know if that reviewer fit either of those conditions or not.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank 5cott5
Marshalltown, IA
Reviewed July 27, 2007

Our stay was excellent. Clean, quiet, and comfortable rooms. The desk clerk was friendly and check-in and check-out easy with a statement under the door in the morning. Clean pool and spa area, although did not have time to use. The breakfast was exceptional, with hot items such as sausage patties and waffles. There was also various kinds of fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, juices, coffees, etc. Definitely would stay again in in the area.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank Shadyoaks07
Central Nebraska
Reviewed July 10, 2007

My wife and I stayed here just after the 4th of July. We had stayed at the Hampton Inn at North Platte NE and so we thought this would be similar. Well it wasnt. First we get there and there are about 300 kids in the lobby. Some baseball tournament is going on. Then the clerk asks us for an extra 100 dollars as a security deposit. We're almost 62 years old so that seemed strange I thought, since the other Hampton Inn didnt ask for one. We get to the room and the toilet overflowed. The management says that happens all the time. Sounds like this place needs a good
maintenance department. We get another room and have supper and then start to watch the HBO movie since we dont have HBO at home. The TV set goes to no sound and a blue
screen every minute to two minutes for 15 seconds. So we
just gave up on it. My wife read a book and I went to sleep early.
We mentioned all the problems since the management pointed
out the satisfaction guarantee when we checked in. Well Hampton Inn does not honor their guarantee. Sooooo IF you stay at this Grand Island Hampton Inn, bring a plumber, a TV
repairman and $100 dollars more than you thought you would
need.

• Liked — Good Comfortable Beds
  • Disliked — Flickering TV
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank An_old_guy
Duluth,Mn
Reviewed July 15, 2006

We stayed 1 night on a roadtrip. The hotel looks new, with beautiful, modern rooms. The beds and pillows are excellent and plentiful pillows-- both soft and firm. There was a frig and microwave which was a big plus for us. The breakfast area is large -- much nicer than most hotels with many choices. The coffee is excellent as well. We stayed on a Thursday night, and didn't have any problems with noise. We went to bed before 9pm and were up by about 7am. Everything was spotless. The rooms were a bit on the small side, but would be fine for 2 people. Fine for a quick overnight for our family of 7...

• Stayed July 2006
3 Thank kntheboys
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 12, 2006

I have been staying at this hotel for a few months now on business. The staff has treated me exceptionally well. They have become like second family. A great place to rest your head for a few evenings. Enjoy!!!

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business