“Worth the stop”

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Worth the stop”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is a large place to visit. We especially enjoyed the Stuhr Building (museum) and Gus Fonner Memorial Rotunda. The museum had many interesting things to see and read about without being overwhelming. The Memorial Rotunda has a wonderful collection of cowboy and indian memorabilia. Well worth the stop and low price of admission.

Visited September 2013

Saint Paul, Nebraska
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Museum”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very interesting. Needed to go earlier in day to see everything. Old tractors & machinery was very interesting.

Visited August 2013
Mankato, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great place to go!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I grew up in Grand Island, and even attended the one room school house once for a class trip on this sweet museum. I don't think I've ever been to a better living history museum than this. Not only has it been used a movie sets, it's so real, it really does make history come alive. I have moved away from Nebraska now, but I still take my family there whenever we can, and they love it too! We watched the movie Sarah Plain and Tall and I was able to point out the locations used. And talking to a nearby horsemen, wrangler, I was able to hear stories about horses he had provided for various movies filmed there.
If you want to see history, instead of just read about it, come and visit history and the Stuhr Museum.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank timstromer
London, England
179 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 267 helpful votes
“Fantastic Museum which needs plenty of time to enjoy”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Set in its own grounds this museum has much to offer for any history buff.
I checked in at the visitor center where the docent arranged for a volunteer to open up the Auto Exhibit Barn and give me a conducted tour, which was a pure joy for anyone interested in Auto History. I then took the option of a driving tour of the rest of the property, including the Railroad Town and many other museum buildings housing a great variety of memorabilia.
My only regret was not being able to spend more time at this wonderful facility/

Visited May 2013
Central City, Nebraska
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great attraction in Central Nebraska”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have been to the Stuhr Museum many times over the years. Most recently I took my three daughters (ages 7, 8, and 16) to Rail Road Town. We toured a number of the houses and businesses. There were guides dressed in period costumes in most buildings who could tell us the history of each building and answer questions. We all found them quite interesting. The girls' favorite shop was where they made hats. Each of us was allowed to try on our favorite hat and take pictures. They also enjoyed getting an old-fashioned root beer at the little restaurant on Main Street. The girls were disappointed that we ran out of time and didn't get to visit the main building, so it looks like we will be returning soon.

Visited July 2013