“Nice, clean, will go back”

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Grand Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Omaha, Nebraska
“Nice, clean, will go back”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Was skeptical of motel by truck stop. I was pleasantly surprised. Clean, reasonable price, friendly staff, very quiet heating system. No breakfast provided but free coffee in the AM. Going back on business next week.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Justin B, General Manager at Motel 6 Grand Island, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you so much for staying at Motel 6 Grand Island and taking the time to write a review for us! We appreciate your positive comments. We take great pride in our motel and our service we provide. I will be sure to let the team know they did a great job! Please stop and see us again on your next trip through the great state of Nebraska!

Motel 6 Grand Island

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My stay at Motel 6 in Grand Island,NE. was very good, and i have always enjoyed my stay at this Location. the staff are always very friendly to me and that is why i keep coming Back to stay at this Location. i have been staying at this motel 6 Location off and on for the Last for about 2-years and the rooms i have stayed in have always been clean. and i highly recommended staying at this motel 6 if you want a good comfortable and clean room and friendly staff.

It is close to the Bosselman truck stop and Grandma Maxes Restaurant within walking Distance.

Room Tip: i was unable to try the swimming Pool the Last night i stayed at motel 6 but i hear it is Good.
Green Features: They are Green in the way they wash there Bed sheets and there Door keys are Green also.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Justin B, General Manager at Motel 6 Grand Island, responded to this review, January 27, 2014

INDEPENDENCE
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Truthfully, we've been avoiding the Motel 6 brand because so many of them don't meet even minimum standards. But we were tired, and all the other motels were several miles off the interstate......so we took a chance. What a nice motel! Both rooms and common areas are incredibly clean, beds were comfortable, room was quiet, water pressure great, roomy bathroom. Free coffee 5am-11am, which was awesome, plus there were actual flavored creamers. Also free wifi. I assumed it was a brand-new building, but the owner said "no, it's 11 years old, we just take really good care of it." Even the outdoor trash cans were spotless! Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Justin B, General Manager at Motel 6 Grand Island, responded to this review, December 30, 2013

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Due to nature of my business, I am on the road all the time. Honestly, I prefer to stay away from Motel 6, because I've got a very bad experience staying in them in the past. But when I come to this one (Motel 6 Grand Island)---WOW! Huge clean rooms, everything is brand new, awesome staff. This Hotel (I can't call it motel) is definitely earned my business. Anytime if I am in this area--that's the only place I would stay. I'd like to tell it to everybody I know!
Thanks!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stan K
Justin B, General Manager at Motel 6 Grand Island, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you so much for staying at Motel 6 Grand Island and taking the time to write a review for us! We appreciate your positive comments. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed the overall service received by our team. I will be sure to let the team know they did a great job!

Eldorado, Illinois
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Motel 6 is a money-friendly motel. It is a brand I am loyal to since my childhood. They only use the bare minimum and this motel compared to a few other Motel 6's I've stayed in, their service is superior. They truly do represent the brand well. The employees always had a smile on their face, wore the Motel 6 brand shirts and kept the place CLEAN.

The bonus is that its right next to a truck stop that I found to have a very warm and friendly atmosphere and there was an old bridge out back and the grounds were well groomed. The room was warm as it was a chilly day me and my dad checked in and the bathroom was beautiful. It had extra towels which I did use. My dad's dog was welcomed as it seems to be the norm for Motel 6 chains across USA.

Visit THIS one!!!! You will get the best night's sleep and a full belly from Grandma's Max over at the rest stop! Prices are just RIGHT. I will visit this one again.

Green Features: I do appreciate that they try to conserve energy!!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

LaVista
Reviewed October 31, 2013

When I am in Grand Island I as always stay at Motel 6. They have extra clean rooms and wonderful people there. They are very helpful if I've forgotten something. I will always stay here when I am going thru the area.

• Stayed October 2013

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel in the past and it's the same complaint every time. The beds are horrible. Just because it is a budget hotel does not mean they should not have satisfactory beds. The owner just does not want to invest in them. The hotel is clean and the location is great. But that's about it. You know you are not getting a clock or Kleenex with Motel 6.We won't stay again, no matter how inconvenient it is to go further. Always traveling back east and have 400 miles to go to next stop.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying at Motel 6 Grand Island and taking the time to write a review for us! Please accept our sincerest apologies that your experience was less than satisfactory. It is disappointing to learn that we fell short of our goals in this instance. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your concerns.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business.