“Not yet up to usual Olive Garden quality”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #9 of 133 Restaurants in Grand Island
Cuisines: Italian
Minnesota
“Not yet up to usual Olive Garden quality”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

First let me state, I have been to Olive Gardens from Coast to Coast and in between, probably in the range of 60 or so locations. So I believe I have a good idea what to expect. When we heard a new one was coming to Grand Island we were excited. But after a bill of $75 for a mediocre meal and experience I question whether we will ever return? In their own defense, it is a new location and people need to be trained. But is this a trial and error training session? Doesn't the management seek to train their staff ahead of time? The great Olive Garden trademark salad lacked dressing, the items were not mixed, my wife's soup came 10 minutes after the rest of us were served, the bread sticks we had to nearly beg for and we had empty drinks throughout our entire meal. C'mom Grand Island Olive Garden, get your act together! 95% of the time across the country, the servers are enthusiastic, are on top of things, they barely have to look at a menu, the food preparers know what their preparing and you can know ahead of time what you're going to have placed in front of you and that it will be tasty. I hope this place gets its act together because Central Nebraska needs more variety in restaurant choices and nobody wants to see them fail.

Visited August 2012