“Totally not what I expected...this place has seriously good Mexican food!”
Review of Tacos las Palmas

Tacos las Palmas
Ranked #15 of 134 Restaurants in Grand Island
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Mexican...not TexMex and not Americanized Mexican. We're talking the Mexican type of place that if you wanted tongue or tripe they have it!

We ordered food to go and were pleasantly surprised how tasty this was. Caught us off guard. Made us wish we were not leaving town the next morning or we would have been back for lunch good!

The prices were totally fair, maybe even cheap for the quality and quantity! The portions were big! If you want real Mexican food and find yourself in Grand Island, NE you need to head to this place!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My brother and I love going there I love these Steak tacos they are my favorite.My brother eats there 3 time a week.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was rather disappointed with Tacos Las Palmas. I have been to well over a 1000 Mexican Restaurants in my life and a considerable number of those were locally owned and not always in the USA. I would warn fellow Gringos, this place is about as Mexican a restaurant as you could find on US soil so don't expect too much in the way of stereotypical US style Mexican entries. Its a basic storefront restaurant with simple tables, Spanish language TV, meal choices with meats not common for Americans such as tongue, tripe, etc. The bottom line, if you are interested in a Mexican Restaurant that could be straight off the streets of Jalisco or Baja California Sur give it a try, I just was not that impressed.

2  Thank BorealForestDweller
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

The inside is rather stark but with Mexican soccer on the TV and Grandma sitting with her cane and sipping water while surveying the room, you know this place is authentic. The tortillas taste like they are part corn/part wheat and are warm, soft, and satisfying. These are also fried and used as delicious chips that accompany the cilantro-infused, homemade salsa. Loved it! I had the garlic shrimp as my main and found it excellent. The shrimp were ample in number and perfectly cooked to the point of being just tender. The sauce that went with this dish had a wonderfully garlicky flavor. My wife had a skirt steak dish that although tasty, the thin meat was more done than she preferred. Both dishes included rice, beans, and salad that were well executed. Also included was a small container of smoky chipotle sauce that added extra dimension to the rice and beans. If you want atmosphere, there's a chain in town with a Mecican-Irish name that pretends to be a cantina. But if you crave authentic, delicious Mexican food and a bottle of Corona that comes in a quart-sized bottle, Tacos Las Palmas is the choice.

1  Thank mingfatsai
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have been traveling through SD and NE for the summer and this is by far the best food I have found. Salsa was amazing, the burrito was perfect!

1  Thank Jake S