“Well-run property”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Island
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Grand Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here while visiting family in Hastings. We have stayed in Hastings at the Holiday Inn Express before, and while it is an adequate hotel, we felt it was worth the extra drive to Hastings each day to stay here. Also, you will find the restaurant options much better in Grand Island than in Hastings...thus, another reason to stay here! The room was clean and quiet, and the staff was very professional. Much the manner you would expect from a Marriot property.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
di66ane, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the hotel and staff. We know that you have many choices in lodging and we appreciate you choosing the Grand Island Fairfield Inn & Suites for your lodging choice, especially driving back and forth the short distance to Hastings. Grand Island is a fast and developing community and within the last year many great restaurants have opened within walking distance of the hotel. Again, thank you for such a wonderful review and for being our guest.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Island

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed here before an early flight leaving out of Grand Island Airport. The hotel is rather new, so very up to date. The rooms are very spacious, clean, and it was very quiet so I got a good nights sleep. I had to leave before the breakfast was ready, so I did not get to enjoy that.
Buffalo Wild Wings is actually just steps away, so we did enjoy supper there without having to drive. If you did want to drive, there are lot of dining choices close by.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed for a night as we were traveling across NE. I am glad we decided to stop here. The hotel is very nice and clean. Breakfast was great and the pool & hot tub were enjoyable - not just for the kids...the water was warm enough that I even went swimming. Beds were very comfortable and staff were nice. It was a nice place to stop and relax.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our recent trip to see the Cranes. (Great trip to take, by the way) The staff could not have been more accommodating. First of all, in my call direct to the hotel to make reservations they offered me discounts I hadn't thought of which saved us considerably. Upon arrival I needed a minor adjustment in the type of room we requested. Before it was over, the desk clerk, hotel manager and a maintenance man were involved. (I didn't mean for it to be such a big deal!) The facility is only 2 years old, very clean and very colorful and tastefully decorated. The breakfast is several steps up from the usual hotel ones and included hot items. Everything very tasty. Whenever we return to Grand Island this is where we stay! Oh yes, a beer, wine and snack reception Mon thru Thur.!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the kind words. The Sandhill Cranes bring many tourists to the Grand Island area and we are glad you stayed with us on your trip. Thank you for noticing the special efforts of the staff and for sharing your experience. Your comments have been shared with the staff as reinforcement to continue our efforts to make the Grand Island Fairfield Inn & Suites a leader in excellence. The Manager’s Reception is an added thank you to our guests on Monday through Thursday’s offering complimentary beer, wine, soda, and snacks. Thank you again, for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Grand Island.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Grand Island Fairfield Inn is clean, newer, and a decent place to stay for the area. Quite frankly, we were very pleased with the customer service and found the front desk staff to be helpful and courteous. The room was clean and attractively decorated. The bed mattress was acceptable but not the most comfortable I've slept on. The noise level was about what one would expect and thank God, there weren't any nuisance bachelorette parties going on. The complimentary breakfast was average and the location is convenient. We did find that the air heating dried the room air substantially.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had occupied about 12 rooms and had NOTHING but issues! First I was charged my account for the stay the night I checked in. Which I know this isn't that unusal, but the room was going to be $120.00 a night which would be $240.00 for the two night stay. I was charged $340.00 and they stated it was held funds, but it was deducted from my account.
Next we had blood on our comforter.
My brother was charged for two rooms.
Finally I was charged a pet fine for having a DOG in my ROOM! I had NO DOG in my room. My family and I were there for a "reunion" surprise birthday party and spent a total of maybe 6 hours in the motel.
The manager told me she had a canister of dog hair from my room. I went on and on and there was no resolution! It was her word that I had a dog and my word that I DID NOT HAVE A DOG!
I have a Yellow lab...............I'm pretty sure I couldn't have "HID" a lab to take her thru the lobby and up to our room, besides there would have been barking...........etc!
This was the worst I have ever been treated and it keeps coming...............my brother just now found charges for two rooms. So who knows what is next. I WOULD NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN IN FACT I WOULD RATHER STAY AT A MOTEL 6 OR ROACH MOTEL!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jodi K
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Got a call to notify me that I was going to be charged $75 to clean my room after throwing a bachelorette party there. We had hung a few pictures on the walls and left play dough on the table which I guess constitutes $75 worth of cleaning materials. The claim was that they needed to stain proof/protect the table and the maids had to take the tape off the walls. First off all I am a teacher and know that play dough DOES NOT stain. Second of all the pictures we had hung up were falling off the wall because they would not stick!! Also the front desk man gave us the tape to hang things up!!!!! Not to mention I also had 3 other people book rooms there that night as well. I guess thats what I get for not choosing to stay at the equally as nice Holiday Inn across the parking lot. I visit GI often and will never choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
demster, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Island, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for your choice of hotels (wagnerjackie15 and shellvee9)…we know there are many wonderful choices here in Grand Island. There obviously has been a misunderstanding from our initial telephone call stating there "may be" an additional charge if damage resulted from tape being peeled off of the wall vinyl as well as the excessive time it took to clean this room that you held a bachelorette party in. If this was known in advance, the room would not have been rented as such. In addition to the inappropriate pictures the staff was exposed to, there was also a picture hung on the exterior side of the door that I'm thankful was not seen by other guests, especially kids. It's very unfortunate that this situation has come to harsh words towards the hotel and staff. I assure you that we take our jobs very seriously and enjoy providing a wonderful experience for all those that stay here in Grand Island. I appreciate your time involved with sending both reviews and wish you well.