“Good service and clean”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Omaha, Nebraska
“Good service and clean”
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my 1 night stay for business.
Clean room, nice bathroom and great breakfast. Staff on duty at night was very nice and helpful. Would stay there again.
The parking area is a little small but nearby BBW next to it allows you to park on their lot. Good solid stay. No surprises which is always good.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fort Dodge, Iowa, United States
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This site is about 3 years old. It is run by the folks that have the Holiday Inns in Kearney, NE. They seem to have their manure in a nice neat pile if you know what I mean. Maybe you don't.

Front staff is extremly service minded. Really extreme and really nice. But gosh, aren't there any housekeeping staff applicants that speak english anymore? So it was frustrating to explain something to a housekeeping staff member only to realize when I was done that she really had no clue what I said. And neither did the second one I found. So off to the front desk. Maybe a bump in pay for housekeeping staff would solve that. With that said, they did a great job, you just couldn't communicate with them.

No on-site resturant, but there are plenty in the area. On-site breakfast was one of the better included breakfasts I've had in while. They have real half and half out for the coffee. They do have the fake creamer for those of you that don't know any better. Both the eggs and meat are food service products but they were both pretty good. Everything was keep hot and fresh. I liked the breakfast at the other properties this company owns as well. Way too many hotel operators under estimate the importance of a good breakfast for the customer experience.

I am concerned about how the condition of this property will hold up over the long term. It seems the engineers have been taking "value engineering" to an extreme at all of the newer properties I've stayed at - not just this one. I should point out that I travel putting on continuing education for tradespeople - so building sciences is what I do. I may be the worst guest a site could have because i know what I'm looking at.

Way too much plumbing noise in the walls. Of course I'm noticing it because I'll spend time in the room reading with no tv or other source of noise. So I'm going to hear things you might not. For some reason the meeting room projector would shake every now and then. There was also some loud noise from possibly the mechanical system for the meeting room that all of us noticed regually. So these are building structure and engineering issues, not necessarily management issues other than management driving bids down and pushing engineers to cut every corner they can. It seams that the newer sites are not as quiet as the more traditionally built sites. I must assume they have gotten away from block walls between rooms and such.

Will the place fall down - NO it's not going to do that. I am just concerned that maintence may prove to be more than what was originally antisapated and the owners might decide to sell and the new owners wouldn't give a darn. As long as they don't sell, we'll probably be ok.

Based upon my past and current experiences with Young's management (the owners), as long as they still own this site we will be back. Every site has some issue or another. But we have yet to find another site in Grand Island that would get us to move the classes we hold in Grand Island.

Yes, the place costs more than a Super 8. But it's nicer than a Super 8. If you're happy with a Super 8, don't stay here. You'll think it costs too much. If you demand a Hilton, you'd better drive to Lincoln. But it doesn't cost as much as a Hilton either. IMO, this site does deilver what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Matthew H
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed on Dec. 22 and had a lot of presents to wrap and bring to the room from the car. I asked for the bellhop's cart and was told none were available because people often just keep them in their rooms. Some of the towels were fine, but the one I grabbed from the shower reminded me of the thin, threadbare variety I experienced 20 years ago in Motel 6. Plus there was what I think was dried, crusty shampoo in one corner of the towel. After paying almost $120 with tax per night, I think the hotel should have body lotion among the free toiletries in the dry dead of winter. As soon as the people above us (we were in room 303) arrived, I could hear them. The next night on Dec. 23 we stayed at the Cornhusker Marriott in Lincoln, NE and paid slightly less for a much nicer experience. I agree that the staff in Grand Island is very nice, and the breakfast and pool in GI are good too, but this hotel is too expensive at $120 a night. I think it's more like an $80 or $90 hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John E
YounesMGMT, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Island, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you all for your time involved with sharing your feedback on your recent stays! We know there are many wonderful choices out there, so from the staff and I...Thank You!

We genuinely review all feedback and if we can do something about it, we do it...for example, the lotion suggestion was wonderful and as a result every room has lotion in the room and will until the winter / dry months are behind us. We'll then reintroduce next winter season, thanks for that. Our mission is to provide the best experience to all that choose to stay with us and with the constructive feedback and the chance to address, we can be more successful in fulfilling that mission. Some of the items disclosed have no immediate or easy solution, therefore let me thank you in advance for your patience, understanding and the willingness to come back and stay with us...that means the World! Those issues will certainly be noted however.

Thanks again for your time involved with sharing your feedback and thank you once again for choosing us here at the Grand Island Fairfield Inn & Suites!
Trenton, New Jersey
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for the past six months. The staff here is excellent and tries to meet your needs whenever possible. I recently had a set of flight cancel on a Friday night in Lincoln. Because the rebooked flights would only allow me 14 hours at home, I decided to stay. I called the hotel and asked if there were rooms available to start my next weeks arrival early. Apparently I forgot to make reservations for the next week but the front desk person said that he would take care of me.

One of the nicer functions at the hotel is the manager's nightly receiption. It runs for 1 1/2 hours and offers beer, wine and snacks.

The hotel is almost fully booked so I recommend reservations in advance, especially around the NE State Fair.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank HarryB3
Malcolm, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The hotel was very easy to find and a great location near lots of restaurants and shopping areas. It is a really nice, clean hotel and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I arrived earlier than the usual checkin time but they allowed me to check-in and have access to the room extra early which was greatly appreciated. The beds and pillows were nice so got a great night of sleep. The breakfast in the morning has lots of variety of hot and cold items and lots of beverages available. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carol C
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

After the last 2 in our weekend trip through NE this was a wonderful surprise. The Best Western in Ogallala was built(early 70s) and run by monkeys. The 'breakfast' was disgusting. This was beautifu spacious rooms, excellent FULL hot breakfast. Nice pool n hot tub. Plenty of restaurants around. Don't stay anywhere else in GI.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank themanharts
Wisconsin
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I spent one night here, Sat. Oct. 13, 2012, on our way home from Estes Park, CO, to Madison, WI. Our room was spacious, attractive, quiet, and we would definitely stay here again. This hotel is in a brand new area surrounded by choices for eating and shopping. Although it is located on US Hwy 281, about 7 miles north of I-80, we did not consider this a disadvantage. Was fast and easy to get to, and because we grew up in a small Texas town located at the southern terminus of the highway, which runs from Canada to Mexico, staying at this hotel was all the more special for us.

Room Tip: We had a top floor room, back side, away from elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
YounesMGMT, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Island, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you all for your time involved with sending reviews for our hotel here in Grand Island Nebraska! I know there are many wonderful choices in this area for lodging accomodations, so we all thank you for choosing us. We will certainly take all the wonderful comments / experiences and share with our team here at the hotel, thank you for those! We have also taken steps to share, retrain as well as address areas that were not up to your expectations...thank you for those comments as well. We strive everyday to provide the best experience possible and with all the reviews you've so kindly submitted, they will most definitely help with this goal.

Thank you all once again for your choice of lodging accomodations here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Grand Island Nebraska and we hope to see you again on your next trip!

Management